cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EBay down today?

Today is Saturday and it is first time in 22 years I have 0 sales- and I am professional seller.

it was very bad for 2023, but doesn’t seem any better now.

I called CS and was told that nothing unusual - just a bad day for me.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Is EBay down today?

@inhawaii wrote:

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

@inhawaii 

You probably sold that item because of prompted listings 😁

Even though I don't promote, ebay rewards me with a sale every now and then because I am a cheerleader on the boards.   😃

Possibly the most beautiful reply I have ever seen.  I stand in awe. 

Message 31 of 71
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

@inhawaii 

You probably sold that item because of prompted listings 😁

Even though I don't promote, ebay rewards me with a sale every now and then because I am a cheerleader on the boards.   😃

Possibly the most beautiful reply I have ever seen.  I stand in awe. 

Loyalty has it's rewards

Message 32 of 71
latest reply

Sending positive thoughts your way today.  It is an up and down road.   You ride the highs along with the lows.  I try to list something every day.  I think it does help to do that.  

Message 33 of 71
latest reply

@knittedcloset  I had the same thing happen!

Last sale on Friday: 

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:50am PST

First sale on Saturday: 

Feb 10, 2024 at 5:59pm PST

We do quite a bit of sales and that was really weird.  I was thinking I was getting punished for eBay CS claims or complaints I posted on these forums.  I try not to be paranoid.

Kim
Message 34 of 71
latest reply

What if the landlord blocks off all of the parking spaces & doesn't pay the electricity bill?   lol

Message 35 of 71
latest reply

I see over 20 sales for 2/10?

Message 36 of 71
latest reply

Even with just 6 listings, I had 2 sales last week.  lol

Message 37 of 71
latest reply

There might be a lot of 20+ year sellers here... but many are hobbyists (i.e. not making a living at it). 

Plenty of sellers on here work for free, or below minimum wage.  I really don't want their advice on how to increase sales.  I don't want to work to just support eBay and my suppliers.

Kim
Message 38 of 71
latest reply

Interesting observation you made. Now go back to the OP's site and glance in on the number of sold items in the last 90 days. With numbers like that I would think complete shutdown with only 19 give away auctions ending. I believe they were speaking to BIN SALES. Yes, I could be wrong and am ready for the bashing I am sure will come!

Message 39 of 71
latest reply

I'm sure some eBay executives will attend the S.B. T.S.K. soap opera and reap the perks while a 1,000 are being laid off. 

Nothing new in the corporate world. 

I think down the road the NFL will get a backlash by fans who pay year after year for season tickets, tailgating costs, using vacation time to even travel to watch their team and when their team reaches the S.B. it becomes a lottery for them to get tickets. Hum?

We all know who really get the tickets!

Message 40 of 71
latest reply

I am not buying at bins- never, this is not my business model.  This is high quality items regularly priced at store - randomly putting in auction to bring more buyers. Instead of paying eBay for advertising I use this technique 

Message 41 of 71
latest reply

@knittedcloset wrote:

I am not buying at bins- never, this is not my business model.  This is high quality items regularly priced at store - randomly putting in auction to bring more buyers. Instead of paying eBay for advertising I use this technique 

@knittedcloset  I think they were referring to Buy It Now (i.e., "BIN") listings, not the Goodwill bins.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 42 of 71
latest reply

BIN was meant to be buy it now listings not bins store purchases. Sorry if that was not clear.

Message 43 of 71
latest reply

What professional seller doesn't know what BIN stands for?  

Message 44 of 71
latest reply

Lol!!!!!!!

Message 45 of 71
latest reply