cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EBay down today?

Today is Saturday and it is first time in 22 years I have 0 sales- and I am professional seller.

it was very bad for 2023, but doesn’t seem any better now.

I called CS and was told that nothing unusual - just a bad day for me.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Is EBay down today?

@knittedcloset wrote:

Thank you for your answers- I didn’t  know that.😞  That’s why EBay is having massive layoffs.

have you ever seen any advertising by eBay? Is tomorrow Super Bowl going to have EBay commercial? Most likely Temu, but not EBay 

Hopefully it's a temporary thing.

I sincerely hope things pick up for you (and me too).

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 16 of 71
latest reply

@knittedcloset ,

I see plenty of eBay ads online on Facebook, many sports collectibles websites, radio ads on KFAN, ESPN rad io ads, and etc.

I hear or see eBay ads everyday.

Message 17 of 71
latest reply

As a professional seller, you'll know a lot about ebbs and flows in retail. Have you ever had a day where you cannot believe all of the sales coming in? This is kind of the opposite.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 71
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@knittedcloset ,

I see plenty of eBay ads online on Facebook, many sports collectibles websites, radio ads on KFAN, ESPN rad io ads, and etc.

I hear or see eBay ads everyday.

I'm glad at least someone has seen some ads, because I haven't seen any. However, I think there is more brewing than ad issues. My sales have steadily declined much more than usual this time of year. Saturdays usually yield 6-8 sales. It's 8:20pm and I have 2 sales. Super Bowl weekend has never caused this in the past.

Message 19 of 71
latest reply

Tracking sales day-to-day - therein lies madness.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 20 of 71
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Actually, it's smart business. It allows me to make the adjustments needed to stay afloat as a 25-yr seller.  😉

Message 21 of 71
latest reply

The truth comes out. Did they give you a patch?

Message 22 of 71
latest reply

eBay is hiding your listings. There have been two instances where our traffic data went haywire and the response from eBay was "it was a glitch"... basically, the data is **bleep** and your store is being throttled. I pay no attention to the cheerleading drones without any original thoughts or critical thinking capacity. 

Message 23 of 71
latest reply

Historically, Super Bowl weekend is a shut out for me.

I expect nothing tomorrow either.

Message 24 of 71
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Actually, it's smart business. It allows me to make the adjustments needed to stay afloat as a 25-yr seller.  😉

Everyone's a 20+ year seller here lol.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 71
latest reply

?? I count 19 items sold on 10 February. 

Message 26 of 71
latest reply

don’t see any. None. eBay ads don’t exist. But I see Etsy, Poshmark, Mercary, Temu, Amazon- you name it

Message 27 of 71
latest reply

Depends on what one care look at.  Credible news in consumer finance showed mostly a banner holiday season for a variety of big retailers, Walmarts reporting comes soon enough.  Amazon was up 14%, that's huge via the holidays and a banner Black Friday/Cyber Monday pretty much across the board.

Doom and gloomers expecting recession, that's unlikely but it is anticipated whilst consumer spending currently is not on a big wane it will slow.  Credit usage up considerably Q4 and interest rates not expected drop for four-six months albeit could be longer, its an election year.  The believers in one parties push about "fear economics" can impact spending across large swaths of folks.  Much depends on what folks sell too like clothes, Shein is wiping the floor up in "fast fashion" for example.  Just recently I saw how the company operates, very smart, pretty amazing.  They are gobbling up the 25-45 year old online fashion shoppers to the tune of in excess of 25 billion dollars.  Give that some scale, video games sales in 2023 were 57 Billion.

Expect strong competition to continue from retail as they run banner sales of 30-70% off various merchandise so price matters.  If you've got product getting decent views but not conversion consider lowering those prices.  

Message 28 of 71
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@pls-consignments wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Everyone's a 20+ year seller here lol.

Everyone's a comedian here as well lol.

Message 29 of 71
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Working for me.

325 items listed.

1 sale so far today.

Congrats, on having another successful day of sales on ebay.

Message 30 of 71
latest reply