cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting pinned post on the buying board

Seems we are soon to have a 'new and improved' design on the 'view item' page.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Interesting pinned post on the buying board

I think I'm overwhelmed with ads when browsing everywhere online.  

You go to look at one thing and are blasted with competing ads.  Exhausting.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

I think I'm overwhelmed with ads when browsing everywhere online.  

You go to look at one thing and are blasted with competing ads.  Exhausting.

Also, on the eBay pages, my touchpad stalls out when scrolling past the rows of ads. I have to maneuver out to the edge in order to scroll up or down the page. Annoying enough for me to just hit the back arrow or close completely. Ugh. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I'm glad to see this, and since we're trying to serve buyers here with a better experience, I'm fine with it being a buyer project.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

Interesting. I wonder why they're soliciting feedback on the buying board but not the seller board?

Because buyers spend most of there time looking at listings and hopefully finding it easy to decide if they want to click the buy button.

So far I like what I see, reducing the number of ads before the description is good and although muscle memory will take a bit of time to adjust to it's new position (just below the description), it subtly forces viewers to actually scroll past the description and that is definitely a good thing.

Bottom line....what matters is how buyers react to it.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

12 years ago I would have panicked.  But, man, these past SEVERAL years eBay has done a much, much better job of studying the implications of changes, really thinking things through and moving slowly toward their goals.  

They've earned some "wait and see" points from me.  My guess is they'll do what's best.  

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Testing how to change old image

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Prediction:  It will be buggy, it will somehow fail to show listings, it will kill sales more.   

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Hi All - thanks for your interest on the View Item redesign plans. I am the lead Product Manager working on the project and we are excited to make the experience simple and modern for both buyers & sellers.

We know one of the key pain points is buyers don’t always read Item Description before making a purchase. Hence we want to bring that section higher up on the page (we did the change on mobile last year). In addition, we want to create space for showing larger images which we believe will help users make more informed purchase decisions and improve conversion. In order to create that space we will need to move the seller card information. We will test showing seller name, Feedback %, link to seller’s other items and contact seller below the Item title.

These changes will happen in phases over the next few months. Hope this clarifies some of the questions that were raised on this thread.

Thank you.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I have to ask. With the Zoom feature, why on earth do the pictures need to be larger on the actual listing screen?

As far as the change to showing description more prominently on mobile, in my experience you just made it worse by NOT showing it unless you click the link to see it. Just my 2 cents.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

It's terrible. You are killing sales. Go back.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

Interesting. I wonder why they're soliciting feedback on the buying board but not the seller board?

Because buyers are the ones who use the listing page to make decisions about buying?

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

On a related note I wonder why they are calling the new design 'the final experience'

They said they are rolling it out in phases and gathering feedback. 'Final' simply means the end result of all the phases, not that they will never touch it again. 🙄

Message 27 of 27
latest reply