cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imsane fees

For the last past year 2021 i feel was a good idea to start selling items on ebay ,but honesty this company take more money on fees and handly item ,than any other company i ever deal with .on the other end ,there is NO costumer service where you can talk directly over the phone ,or chat ,on the chat the only thing you get is an automatic machine trying to understand your question ,today feb 04 2022 i decide to eliminate every single item out of that webpage (ebay)  because i feel **bleep** off in a hard be ,i can post some pictures on sales i made where example ,i make two sales on the same date one for $260 another for $25 plus tax,shipping etc endend  been $303  ok on that sale i lost $85 dollar ,i even pay with my paypal acc for shipping and i never get that back ,EBAY TOOK $85 DOLLARS ,BECAUSE THEY CLAIM FEES FOR SALE ,IS 12% PLUS FEE OF 4% MORE FOR STANDAR SALE ,IT IS CRAZY WHAT THIS PEOPPLE DOES ,insane ,i rather to sale on craiglist at list i get my money in full .i will never sale anything else on ebay .someone needs to investigate this company 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Imsane fees

Thanks for stopping by to let us know.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors .

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

@chichoselectronics   wrote: " ... this company take more money on fees and handly item ,than any other company i ever deal with ..."

Please supply the number of other venues you sell on AND a list of the fees they charge.  You do not have to name the venues just share the information.

Mr.L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

To the best of my knowledge, eBay's fee schedule is clearly explained to any seller before he begins selling.  And I am currently unaware of any recent increase in fees.  

I would go further with my explanation, but (a) I do not understand some of your information and (b) you are leaving anyway, so why bother?

Best of luck to you, hope you find a good fit for your business.  

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

Best place to sell stuff and you can do it for free ,craiglist if you post good pictures and good description the sale will go ok much better than ebay and you do not have to deal with anything else .

Ebay was ok until separate from paypal ,also ebay take 3 o 4 days to give you the money is insane 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

@chichoselectronics   That is only one other venue ... good luck with your selling.

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

I am leaving cause on ebay as a seller you do not have any protection ,beside on top other issue i been having if you want more explanation i can show the sales i made on the past month and the charge they did and not even give me back the money i pay via paypal for shipping ,besides i don't know how long you been business with ebay but sooner or later you will feel the same way 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

Any postage paid by your buyers will be included in your payout money that goes to your bank.  

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

It could have been worse.....

They could have taken out the fees from the sale and put your payout on hold for some reason.  That happens a lot according to numerous posts on these forums.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

Nope!  Not if you use ebays shipping label.

Ebay  deducts shipping & handling from your payout money.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

Come back when you add some logic to your posts. Craigslist and eBay do not compare as venues.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

@big44mac wrote:

Nope!  Not if you use ebays shipping label.

Ebay  deducts shipping & handling from your payout money.

Of course they do if you pick that as your funding choice---there is a place to choose.  I was explaining where the money the buyer pays for postage goes.  It goes to the seller's payout total to use as you wish.  If you print your label using the pending payout money, then yes, the postage cost will be deducted from your pending payout.   If you use paypal, then the money is in the payout total and can be transferred over to paypal if you wish.  

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

@jda11121 wrote:

Come back when you add some logic to your posts. Craigslist and eBay do not compare as venues.

Is Craigslist still going?  One thing about FB marketplace that I have read is that if someone does a chargeback FB does nothing.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

As far as  I know:  unless you offered free shipping (and hopefully adjusted your item price to allow for that), your buyer pays you the shipping fee.  You then use that money to pay the shipping cost.  Don't know why you'd expect to get it back from Paypal.

For instance, I buy your widget for $20 plus $5 shipping.

I then pay you $25.

You then pay the $5 for shipping to whatever carrier you're using.

Still don't get your point.  Maybe I'm just dense.

Again, best of luck to you in your new location.  

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Imsane fees

Sellers are free to use this site OR NOT...

Bye Bye!!

and BTW CL is full of scammers but best of luck to you with that site!...Oh and you really feel you have better protection with CL??? wow!  you do have a lot to learn about selling on other venues!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply