cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

@katzrul15 wrote:

Did they (CS) indicate "why" there is no longer a mechanism to close one early?

No, I told them it's absurd that the case would stay open for INR when tracking shows it was delivered and that ebay making their "system" to leave these type cases open needs to change and they said they would "file a report and give that feedback to appropriate dept" - basically that means, no one responsible will read it or take appropriate measures to correct it. 

Message 31 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

There are words, but not allowed to type them here.

There needs to be a "disgusted" font for emphasis.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 32 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen  Sorry, I dorked out on the subject you posted about.

Message 33 of 148
latest reply

@cstpos wrote:

@nuclearomen  Sorry, I dorked out on the subject you posted about.

@cstpos no problem, still, your case, shouldn't ever take that long, buyers are suppose to send items back, if they don't do that within a reasonable amount of time the case should close, use to like a week, that policy has to revert back, no reason anyone can't have a package sent out within a weeks time. That's IMO of course but whatever.

Message 34 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

Hi @nuclearomen! While we can't necessarily speak to the why behind this process, we can help to clarify how it works. When you ship with tracking and it updates as delivered on our end, we allow the buyer 24 hours to contact us about any shipping issues. After that point, the case will close automatically and any funds that were on hold will release to you.  We’ll also remove negative or neutral feedback if you met your handle-by date or the item was delivered on or before Estimated Delivery Date.

There is no option to escalate for an early closure though, as we do need to wait those 24 hours to ensure there are no immediate concerns with the delivery. As for the payout timeframe, that process follows the normal payments procedure which can be reviewed here.  Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 35 of 148
latest reply

There is no option to escalate for an early closure though, as we do need to wait those 24 hours to ensure ..

velvet@ebay 

Four or five days, as the OP was told,  is a whole lot longer than 24 hours to determine a parcel has been delivered, and the seller qualifies for seller protection against such an eBay claim.  

Message 36 of 148
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

When you ship with tracking and it updates as delivered on our end, we allow the buyer 24 hours to contact us about any shipping issues. After that point, the case will close automatically and any funds that were on hold will release to you.

That's what happens when the buyer opens the INR before delivery. A delivery scan after the buyer  files the INR will typically close it out within a day of delivery.

Big however- velvet@ebay 

When a buyer opens an INR after the delivery scans are already in the system, eBay keeps the INR open forever. Here's a screenshot from one of my INRs where tracking confirmed delivery before the INR was opened and I responded to the case right away by uploading the tracking number and also giving the buyer advice on how to work with their mail carrier/police for a stolen package. I had to wait a month (21 business days) for my funds to be released with no option to escalate.

INR.png

Message 37 of 148
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Hi @nuclearomen! While we can't necessarily speak to the why behind this process, we can help to clarify how it works. When you ship with tracking and it updates as delivered on our end, we allow the buyer 24 hours to contact us about any shipping issues. After that point, the case will close automatically and any funds that were on hold will release to you.  We’ll also remove negative or neutral feedback if you met your handle-by date or the item was delivered on or before Estimated Delivery Date.

There is no option to escalate for an early closure though, as we do need to wait those 24 hours to ensure there are no immediate concerns with the delivery. As for the payout timeframe, that process follows the normal payments procedure which can be reviewed here.  Thanks! 

velvet@ebay  Thanks for reply, but it's been 72 hours since the case opened and it's still open, even though I entered I tracking that shows item was delivered. Rep sent a request for the case to be closed today but still it has not. This is lot longer then 24 hrs! This process for INR cases where tracking confirms item was delivered should be closed IMMEDIATELY, not 24 hrs, not 4-5 biz days, but immediately. Tracking is the confirmation, that is the policy, it is still the policy, and taking the ability for reps to close these type of cases away is absurd.

No reason for Ebay to hold sellers money in hostage by holding cases open that have no grounds for any holds or any argument what so ever by ebay or buyer. Again, the item was delivered, the tracking confirms it, the buyers feedback on the item confirms it. Ebay taking any stance against a carriers tracking confirmation needs to cease, the policy needs to change and the "system" needs to be updated to auto check and auto close these cases when tracking confirms delivery. This is already in use by ebay on the orders page, system checks and marks deliveries, it states next to each order "Shipped xx/xx" or "Delivered xx/xx" that same coding can be applied to INR cases and they can be programed to auto close and return funds to sellers MP if tracking stats "Delivered". 

As additional side notes for ebay to think about... Anything beyond tracking confirmation for IRN case is not the sellers responsibility nor is it ebays, or right to say other wise. It is the buyers responsibility from that point, even if they don't have the item, it's their responsibility to have packages held by the post office or arranged to be delivered at another date by carrier if they plan to be away...it's free, USPS charges $0.00 for this and will hold all mail for 30 days. Or arrange to have their mail collected by family or neighbor. It is buyers responsibility not to order items they know they will not be home to personally collect. It is their responsibility to file a claim with USPS or other carrier if their mail was tampered or theft occurred. It is buyers responsibility to file a police report on that also and supply a copy to USPS as proof. As far as sellers obligation, it was completed once tracking states package is delivered. 

Message 38 of 148
latest reply

Where does this "24hr" policy written?  Is this stated somewhere - have never heard this before.  

It is "reasonable" to allow a Buyer a window of time after the order is delivered, I guess and a claim is open.  I have searched thru all this and not found anything that references this "24hr window".

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 39 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Where does this "24hr" policy written?  Is this stated somewhere - have never heard this before.  

It is "reasonable" to allow a Buyer a window of time after the order is delivered, I guess and a claim is open.  I have searched thru all this and not found anything that references this "24hr window".

It's stated in every email I've ever received from eBay regarding a delivered item for an open INR case. Until very recently, which is what this post is about. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 20.40.51.png 

Message 40 of 148
latest reply

Thanks for that - it is not currently in their written "policy" that I can find anywhere and I searched a couple of different ways relative to INR claims.  But it WAS in their protocol stated in the INR emails to you and others as a Seller previously as evidenced by your screen shot.

Your screen shot is June.  Interesting too that a "blue" quotes it to @nuclearomen today, but I cannot find it as it appears it was poofed.  As surmised - it has to be really recent.

(glad you could edit your name from from the above screenshot)

ETA: I thought I had replied to the blue in my previous post and did not - I meant for velvet@ebay to answer me as I was trying to see "where" they were pulling this from.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 41 of 148
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Hi velvet@ebay, I agree that this is how it's always worked in the past, but I think there's some miscommunication happening because I've had 2 INR cases in the past week that aren't updating and this is the response I'm getting from eBay for Business on FB (as of today):

IMG_1346.jpg

I'm super confused because there's no consistency in the responses from customer service and/or the written policy. How can we know the right way to handle INR's when we're getting so many mixed signals?

Message 42 of 148
latest reply

Lol, I wasn't sure I was gonna make that edit in time. Anyway, the last time I received an email w/ the 24 hour wording was July 10 - I've had 2 INR's since then with items that were delivered and never received this email. I will note that they were both items that were already delivered when the cases were opened (as opposed to after). Not sure if that's the mitigating factor or not.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 20.53.36.png

Message 43 of 148
latest reply

At best, you are correct, it appears to not be consistent or there is a change (albeit, recent one)

Not to be Debbie Downer, but between the glitches and constant moving parts, it is hard to keep up.

I have 2 more sitting in Memphis and with the recent floods, no idea when those will head to Nashville to get sent out for delivery to the outliers.  Hopefully sooner vs later, but not counting on it.

Money is money - I can fully understand why a Seller like yourself or @nuclearomen wants theirs.  Especially if you have a bunch of these, it has to almost be a FT job tracking what they owe you, when they owe it to you, is it delivered, is this closed without defect, etc etc.

You have more patience than I do.  It wore me out just typing that!!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 44 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Money is money - I can fully understand why a Seller like yourself or @nuclearomen wants theirs.  Especially if you have a bunch of these, it has to almost be a FT job tracking what they owe you, when they owe it to you, is it delivered, is this closed without defect, etc etc.

You have more patience than I do.  It wore me out just typing that!!

I'm tearin up this thread like a toddler on Red Bull, but you make such a good point and I just have to beat it to death one last time (except probably not). 

Time is absolutely the whole of the problem with all of this - I genuinely don't give a flyin flip what the policy is at this point. It's the amount of time I spend just trying to figure it out to avoid a defect. One of the 2 INR issues I had was trying to just refund the buyer (when I didn't have to) and the system wouldn't even let me do that!

Thank you for listening 🤗

Message 45 of 148
latest reply