cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a buyer that did not pay. Went through the process of non payer and asked for fee refund.now

It shows I can leave feedback for the auction but when I click on it the next screen is empty of the auction.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had a buyer that did not pay. Went through the process of non payer and asked for fee refund.now

@mvanderson wrote:

Ok I must be missing something... as a seller if you have a non paying buyer you CANNOT post a negative comment warning other sellers? If that is the case why have feedback at all LOL

Even if you could we can't see your buyers ID. Only you can.

If you went thru the proper npb process there should have been no option for either of you to leave feedback.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

There is no piont in doing so since it can only be a Positive which is not appropriate.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

It shows I can leave feedback for the auction but when I click on it the next screen is empty of the auction.

Well sellers are only allowed to leave positive feedback comments for payers and non payers

but, I have a feeling you didn't have positive feedback comments in mind anyway, so forget about it.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

It shows I can leave feedback for the auction ...

That must be some sort of programming error.  When a buyer gets a nonpayment strike, both parties are blocked from leaving feedback.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ok I must be missing something... as a seller if you have a non paying buyer you CANNOT post a negative comment warning other sellers? If that is the case why have feedback at all LOL

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

CORRECT

Has been that way for years

The ONLY kind of Feed back a Seller can leave is POSITIVE

That is why ALL Buyer ID's have 100% Positive Feed back

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

Even if you could we can't see your buyers ID. Only you can.

If you went thru the proper npb process there should have been no option for either of you to leave feedback.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

mmm...

I had un unpaid item case in August. I did the process of 48 hours - open case and after 4 days i closed tha case normally receiving fees back.

The next month ebay sent me an email allowing me to leave feedback for the transacton. Seller cannot leave negative  but i guess that mail went also to the buyer. None of us left feedback yet but i think it should not be that way.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

Because you, as a retail service to the public, feedback is to thank a buyer for doing business with you. It is not designed to shame or humiliate them.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mvanderson wrote:

@mvanderson  Correct. It's been this way since May 2008. Sellers cannot post negatives, neutrals, or a positive with negative language for buyers.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

You can always write whatever you want even if it forces you to say it is positive you can still say the truth! 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You can always say they did not pay you can speak the truth even if ebay labels it as "positive" use all caps
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

So on a 12 month old thread your advice is to commit a policy violation by leaving a FALSE POSITIVE which the buyer can have removed...smh

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply