cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Disguted!

I sold a tank to a buyer that had some marks under the pits that wasn't noticed until I was listing. I did mention it in the listing. (Please no, 'don't sell damaged clothing' comments. I mention in my description and sell clothes imperfections all the time with no issues). Sold for $7 total. 

Here is a picture of of my listing with some light marks under the pits. 

I get a message from the buyer today saying the 

Message 1 of 152
latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: I am Disguted!

@honestabe411 wrote:

I sold a tank to a buyer that had some marks under the pits that wasn't noticed until I was listing. I did mention it in the listing. (Please no, 'don't sell damaged clothing' comments. I mention in my description and sell clothes imperfections all the time with no issues). Sold for $7 total. 

Just accept the return, and when you get the top back, give it a good wash, and stick it back on ebay. Someone else will buy it..

What is trash for some, is treasure for others.

Message 76 of 152
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

Someone mentioned that it looks as though these are not the same tank tops. Yes the mesh in yours (first photo) shows to be blue. Other photos look tan or light brown mesh. To me they look like 2 different tops. Can't see that anyone can wear out a top in a week or 2 like the buyers photos show unless they wear it every day to do exercise in it.  Not sure what you can really do about it with Ebay. They usually side with the buyer.
*Can you confirm that the mesh on your tank top is blue?

Message 77 of 152
latest reply

@getitright1234 wrote:

Buyers have choices, so if the OP per your belief is not "overall" doing a good job with his business/store, he is in fact making the rest of us look good.  This OP has every right to come to this board and express his concerns ......................without being labeled a whinner.  

Posters should also have the right to express their opinions without being told by the OP in numerous posts that they do not and should not post.  

When I start a thread I do not have the right to dictate the responses.

Message 78 of 152
latest reply

95% of the clothing I sell is mint, the 5% I either toss if it's bad, or mark severely low and mention it in the description.

Do you wash/clean the clothing before you list and sell it?  Doesn't matter if it's "mint" or "bad"; it's supposed to be clean. 

That's not one of ebay's "silly" rules; it's a rule that should always be obeyed.   Otherwise...ewwwww...

Signed,

Sold Clothing For A Long Time And Never Had This Type Of Complaint (i.e., Issue)

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 79 of 152
latest reply

I've sold a few items with stains or damage.  Sold a mini boden shirt where the appliqué on the stitching had come lose still sold for $30.    But I only still list it if it's worth it.  A $7 item to me Isn't but that's the sellers choice.  And I've never been successful t getting out pit stains 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 80 of 152
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

I've sold a few items with stains or damage.  Sold a mini boden shirt where the appliqué on the stitching had come lose still sold for $30.    But I only still list it if it's worth it.  A $7 item to me Isn't but that's the sellers choice.  And I've never been successful t getting out pit stains 

Nor Have I been successful at getting the pit stains out , but we all know some things with stains are still worth good money, hat buyers do not really mind sweat stains on the sweat band of a hat in my experience, nor do manual laborers mind some paint splatter or grease stains on a garment they will just do the same to, I find it foolish to waste efforts on a 7 dollar shirt with pit stains however but I also feel it's important to make clear not all stains will scare people.

Message 81 of 152
latest reply

Depending on the item - some stains are a big deal for a buyer. I've had stained and ripped jeans sell for a good price as the buyer wanted a distressed look.

I think the point is that sellers should wash and clean the clothing. Sellers should make sure they describe any imperfection in detail and sellers should photograph said imperfection so the buyer can clearly see what they are buying.

To the above post about the color of the mesh - many times there are color variances with monitors. The other thing is if you look at OP's photos - they are all taken on the same color carpet and yet in some photos the carpet appears a wheat color while in others it appears gray. So the shade of the mesh would appear to be a different color if the said buyer was photographing it on a different surface or using a different light source. This is the same top but appearances can be deceiving due to the above.

Message 82 of 152
latest reply

Not always.  Sometimes a garment has been washed and dried several (or multiple) times and that stain is pretty well cemented in there.  

Message 83 of 152
latest reply

@getitright1234 wrote:

@pingpong517 wrote:

@imakesugar wrote:

@ honestabe411...

@pingpong517 wrote:
@honestabe411 wrote:
Then tell me why the buyer knowingly bought the item with it mentioned...and you can NOT speak on behalf of the millions of woman's in this country...great opinion, but again, a very invalid opinion and not relevant. 

soory but pikabo is correct.. no matter what YOU think..somethings don't cut it... and honestly I sell cloths ith small issues...but PIT STAINS and NASTY COLLARS STAINS..don't get sold...even if mentioned...yuk.

BUT BUT more to a bigger point...why? for a $7 item would you fess..refund them , be done with them... you know every person has their standard and some are picky and some, well..it ok...

BUT you said $7..why bother...refund, cancel, block..done.

you should know how buyer are...refund, cancle, block, done....

OMG! I can't belive that You would LOWER eBay to that standard...It is NOT a Matter Of what You have sold in the disquisting manner You talk about. It is a matter of pride in what YOU SELL.

Underarm stains can not be removed very easy if at all. ( Neck stains neither) So basically any item with neck stains or underarm stains should throw in the garbage right away! Anther hard to remove would Blood although that is possible to remove. Is this some kinf of JOKE? Are You trying to gross us out? 

Some stains a Buyer might not mind because they can work on those kind of stains themselves, Oil, some paints, etc. I can see selling those kind of things, lose buttons. maybe a lose hem, etc. I am sure at that point that Buyers would be happy to do a little work for a discount. I see that 2 things happen. 

1. Buyers really don't complain to You about it but decide that another site has "LESS RISK" then esentially you are chasing Buyers away! Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Sad
  2. eBay is and Some of the Sellers go through items that would have been OK a few Years ago, and have donated them, rumage saled them, or thrown them in the Garbage.
  3. The Clothing Sellers are working hard to Play in eBays sand box and ATTRACT new cusatomers for Them and eBay.

Just saying If You want to Sell those items then quickly By having Your settings On some items so that it is easy and quick to get the money back to the customer. Either way approve a Snad quickly IF IT HAS underarm stains, Neck stains etc. Actually IF You want to sell things like that put them in the ADULT section...I am sure there is a fetish for underarm stains... Maybe You could auction them off and get "way more money"

If You want to list the way You usually  do then at least make the stain show and put that is is stained in the title. That way NO Buyer wastes their time looking at something they don't want!

@honestabe411

"you should know how buyers are...refund, cancel, block, done..."

I have not Sold in a while( I am trying to get My ducks all in a row to start.) I think Emotionally for any good Seller It is better to think of it like that! Some Sellers come to the Boards all shook Up because they get emotionally involved and do Unprofessional Acts and that also makes it bad for Sellers. It is easy to remember a mantra like that and move on. Sellers get much more work done when they aren't all upset.

I am Not trying to make it simple because it isn't and there are so many variables that govern each case. Some of it though is just reading the eBay policy and guidelines. How many "New" Sellers come here and don't read the guidelines? How many "Older Sellers ( who used to sell on eBay) Don't read the new policies to catch up?

The rest of the problems The community is usually quick to answer. Helping everybody. I learn "NEW" things about eBay every day I read others posts. It gives me a chance to keep up and learn more about the ends and outs of eBay. 

Sorry to ramble on. I do think this discussion brings up many more things than just returning a smelly shirt. I am sorry to be so outspoken about it. I mean the things I am talking about are just common sense. Woman Wink

I let my Secretary go home this afternoon, she was not here to proofread my work. I hope My spelling and grammer ain't to awfully bad...Smiley Wink Sugar

somehow in all this, I am in there...BUT for the life of me i read it twice and could figure out what the point /meaning of all that was?

IF i was confusing..MY point was that all buyer aren't the same, and a stain or smell --even if mentioned is not going to be the same to another person.. some are yuk!, yes..some are "not bad"... BUT if you take the chance to sell and it has a stain--there are going to be some who see it HUGE and others that say ok. BUT when an issue or case comes up..ad it's a small amount( i know small is relative to each of us) bt say $15 or less.. a seller is better to refund and be done with it all... why get so defensive and worked up... in "used" clothing it going to happen..

P>S> i'm not advising selling the really stained stuff..but to each his own... I'm just saying..expect returns or refund for the oddest of reasons when selling used clothing...that clear my point up?

You should expect returns "even" on new items, it happens all the time.   We are now in a climate where it is being pushed on sellers to offer "free" returns.  I believe some buyers will buy new, wear the item and return it for "free" ..............it is now a "used" item.  This once new item is used,should it be thrown out never to be sold again.   

yes that is true, the 'renting" of items seems to show up more and more.

Message 84 of 152
latest reply

I don't sell clothing, so will refrain from commenting on the issue.

But am I the only person here who is dazzled by the fact that this issue can generate five pages of replies?   

Message 85 of 152
latest reply

It's not just this issue. It's a recurring theme. OP sells underdescribed items then comes here complaining about the buyers who want their money back. Weekly even.

There are two lessons from this

1) If you sell damaged things without full disclosure you will interest cheap buyers who may push back

2) If you repeatedly post about issues with customers which turn out to be due to number 1, people will comment. You may not like the comments.

Message 86 of 152
latest reply

Thank you for your response.  Still dazzled.  

Message 87 of 152
latest reply

If you insist on selling at that price point, in that category, in that condition.... you must accept you are going to have problems.

You have to expect problems from different type of buyers:

1. The item costs $7, you are going to attract buyers who want the item for free.

2. Buyers who want, no expect, a perfect $30 item for $7.

3. Buyers who see a "great" deal and quickly buys the item, before someone else does, without reading the description.

4. buyers buying right before the listing ends and deosn't read the description.

5. Buyers who are lazy and never read description.

6. Buyers who are cheap, want the least expensive and realize the item is worse then they thought. "Why not take a chance, free SNAD returns"

I wouldn't list such an item, but other items with what could be a major issue (to many people)  I list the issue in the title (in this case"stained"), in the condition box, in item specifics , in the description and multiple pictures from different angles.

With brand new perfect items this category gets more then any other category (for me) of return requests and false SNAD cases. There are certain subcategories that are no problem.... and there are some I would never sell in... throw in items with conditional issues and you must figure in and expect a higher rate of problems, no way around it.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 88 of 152
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

I don't sell clothing, so will refrain from commenting on the issue.

But am I the only person here who is dazzled by the fact that this issue can generate five pages of replies?   

I was just thinking the same thing...and actually forgot what the question or the issue was in the first place...lol

It was selling used clothing good or bad?

or... pit stains, good or bad? 

or,... would you rather have a pit bull or pit stain?

or,....nasty, stinky, yukkie cloths...there is a place to sell those too...and what is it with those people who buy it?

or,... one seller's treasure is another's stinky throw outs...yikes//lol

i sell mostly shirts, but some shorts..and I don't allow stains in the shorts....or mine in fact.

Message 89 of 152
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@honestabe411 wrote:
Then tell me why the buyer knowingly bought the item with it mentioned...and you can NOT speak on behalf of the millions of woman's in this country.

You asked a question on a pubic message board and just because you do not like the advice Pika gave she is free to give it.

And I 100% agree with him/her.  It is why the clothing categories are so bloated.  And yes for most women they may not be able to afford top of the line, but they want it clean and presentable.

And those woman will purchase an item with issues and clean it themselves. Home dry cleaning kits can do a myriad of wonders. Buyers are adults, or supposed to be. It is their choice what to buy and what not to buy. 

Message 90 of 152
latest reply