cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM DONE !

I have been selling here on Ebay since 02-03. I have a good seller rating, I am a powerseller, have good feedback. My sales have tanked big time.

I can no longer afford to make investments to sell on this site any longer.

I feel I have tried everything within my power to make this work for me and my household. Store/no store/ single items, lots.  I look for my own items and can't find them due to the new system. As soon as what I have listed ends I will no longer be here. A sad note for me is thiss is something I really enjoyed. I realize other sites such as Etsy are about the same. Good bye to all fellow Ebayers have met some wonderful folks through the years and much luck to all sellers. I mean this I am not bitter, everything to me is a season my season here is over.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: I AM DONE !

@steelernation2007 wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@dilo-8873 wrote:

@lewisburggold wrote:

Sorry to see another good seller go because of the changes.  Best regards

Dear  Mr. Lewisburggold:

Good sellers have been leaving for quite some time now because of the changes. The ladies that come to this board complaining about bad sellers will have more of that to look forward to. And then, because of these bad sellers, the good buyers will leave, and all that will be left will be bad sellers and bad buyers. Now whose fault would that be?

Ebay completes more than One Billion transactions daily worldwide.  I think they understand how ecommerce works better than you or I.

Good Luck Selling!

Just because they complete that many transactions does not mean they are all quality ones where the customer is pleased! Just tonight I saw a Chinese/American drop seller on here who has 385 neutral and 472 negative feedbacks left over the past 6 months. Lots of big sellers on here, selling in quantity with horrible service. But Ebay looks the other way and lets them continue. Double standard.

There is no double standard.  All sellers have to meet the same seller standard ratings.  Feedback is not even part of the equation, because it is easily misused.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 16 of 73
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

Ebay completes more than One Billion transactions daily worldwide.  I think they understand how ecommerce works better than you or I.

Good Luck Selling!

They used too and are still riding the coattails of that history,  but current management has a long way to go to know more about ecommerce than many of the sellers on here.  They do understand Plundering 101 quite thoroughly though.

Actually it is reported the current total is well over 2 Billion but I only have data that shows One Billion so that is what I use.

eBay also shows growth in registered account at over One Million monthly even though buyers do not have to sign in or even register to buy here any longer.

Plundering I guess you mean the fact that they maintain over I billion active listing every single day for a couple years now?  or maybe you mean plundering as is transaction total, total views, total revenue, are all up for several quarters in a row?

I am not sure what you mean by plundering but It certain could not mean the recent success level of the eBay marketplace?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 17 of 73
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@steelernation2007 wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@dilo-8873 wrote:

@lewisburggold wrote:

Sorry to see another good seller go because of the changes.  Best regards

Dear  Mr. Lewisburggold:

Good sellers have been leaving for quite some time now because of the changes. The ladies that come to this board complaining about bad sellers will have more of that to look forward to. And then, because of these bad sellers, the good buyers will leave, and all that will be left will be bad sellers and bad buyers. Now whose fault would that be?

Good Luck Selling!

Just because they complete that many transactions does not mean they are all quality ones where the customer is pleased! Just tonight I saw a Chinese/American drop seller on here who has 385 neutral and 472 negative feedbacks left over the past 6 months. Lots of big sellers on here, selling in quantity with horrible service. But Ebay looks the other way and lets them continue. Double standard.

There is no double standard.  All sellers have to meet the same seller standard ratings.  Feedback is not even part of the equation, because it is easily misused.

Good Luck Selling!

You actually believe that?  Oh my.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 18 of 73
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@twnpopcards wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

They used too and are still riding the coattails of that history,  but current management has a long way to go to know more about ecommerce than many of the sellers on here.  They do understand Plundering 101 quite thoroughly though.

Actually it is reported the current total is well over 2 Billion but I only have data that shows One Billion so that is what I use.

eBay also shows growth in registered account at over One Million monthly even though buyers do not have to sign in or even register to buy here any longer.

Plundering I guess you mean the fact that they maintain over I billion active listing every single day for a couple years now?  or maybe you mean plundering as is transaction total, total views, total revenue, are all up for several quarters in a row?

I am not sure what you mean by plundering but It certain could not mean the recent success level of the eBay marketplace?

Good Luck Selling!

Current Success Level of the Ebay Marketplace???  ROFLMAO best laugh I have had since reading the post for Sellers to help fix the catalog for free.

As for what Plundering means,  feel free to look it up in the dictionary.  It is a a very common word used to describe how things are on this platform at this point in time.

Ebay used to be a fantastic site to sell and buy on and I have been doing both since 1998.  Well I should change that - I stopped buying a couple of years ago except for a few shipping supplies because I got tired of not being able to find what i wanted while the AI continued to repeat Kindergarten because it was not capable of graduating to first grade.  Ebay went cheap when the decided to design Sellers Hub and the new catalog and still refuses to buy the necessary equipment to show all listings 24/7/365 which would be beneficial to both Ebay and Sellers alike  Maybe someday it will once again be a successful site to sell on but when your competitors continue to show double digit growth while Ebay continues to stagger way behind at 3-6% quarterly growth that is not a highly successful business IMHO.   2 billion $0.99 transactions including shipping are not going to continue to pay the bills much longer which explains the 2017 loss of over $1 billion and the reduction in cash sitting in offshore accounts from $9.5 billion down to $5 billion now.  It might also explain why the stock has dropped almost 20% (now at a little over $34) since February when the executives sold all they were allowed to at $42 per share.  Since Ebay and Paypal split and both shares started at $30,  Ebay has shown about 13% growth overall in their stock price, despite all the stock buybacks they have done to try and artificially raise the stock price (oldest non working trick in the book).  Paypal on the other hand closed at about $88 yesterday which would be a about a 290% increase in the shares value since the 2015 split.

I really wish the site was still doing as well as it used to, but although numbers can lie, these are not.

Message 19 of 73
latest reply

Maybe you should just reconsider your titles for your listings.   Your first words should be the core of the item description and not "lot of three". That is just the way the search algorithms work these days.

Message 20 of 73
latest reply

I had a store for about 3 months and it really didnt make a difference in how much I listed or how much I sold and it just cost MORE so I dropped it.  My regular listing limits are pretty generous anyway.

BUT...I dont buy "inventory" and I change with the seasons and fashions.  I may buy "supplies" to fix broken vintage sterling but I would be in the lapidary club ANYWAY and taking metalworking classes ANYWAY, I am just fortunate enough to have a hobby I can sell. I also get alot of stuff from my mom who likes lots then picks what she wants the foists the rest off onto me to "dispose" of. 

You have found a niche that maybe has passed its prime. Who is buying hats PERIOD let alone vintage collectible ones?  Or collectible stuff at all?  Have you considered taking offers and allowing 10-30% wiggle room if it gets the items sold?  Do you promote on other sites - local paper or Craigslist directing to your Ebay site, etc?  Have you tried selling elsewhere at the same time? Between multiple sites, I sell pretty steadily and just paid off my car (which I paid the downpayment and most of the payments).

Message 21 of 73
latest reply

And ask this - is it really that you cant be found or that nobody is looking? Views only count when someone clicks the listing to open it.  That doesnt mean that someone looks for "vintage hats" and yours dont come up, just that maybe they looked at someone elses instead.

Message 22 of 73
latest reply

I think the OP should hang out at least until after Christmas to sell as many things before the sales tank again.

Message 23 of 73
latest reply

Another thing: I see that you have some items listed that "need repair" - so why not repair them yourself and sell for much more as a "ready to wear" item?  I have repaired many a clasp and replaced many a missing gemstone to move stuff out the door for MUCH MORE money than trying to pawn off a broken one.

Message 24 of 73
latest reply

eBay is ridiculously hard.

I loved ebay as a buyer for years.

we decided 3 years ago, to attempt an income stream from ebay.

We had sold some out of our B&M store and not had raging sucess. 

Expensive shoes brought out scammers.

But, we thought this could be fun.

Never had fun, never have enjoyed it.

(ok, thrilled a few times when we were still doing auctions, to see things go for higher prices then we expected, but then worried about NASD.)

guess we got in too late, what we knew was clothing and collectibles.....

Glad you were here for the glory years. And that you enjoyed it.

Things have changed that's for sure... The constantly changing and difficult to interpret policies are bothersome. 

And higher shipping plus ebay's fees on it can eat your profit up.

for the secondary market on ebay, who knows what lies ahead.

Ebay Selling is such a hard skill to learn.

Hoping that you can transfer it to something profitable.

Maybe you can keep selling a few things with much lower expectations.

It does cut out the shopping for inventory. Thats been the most fun. The thrill of the hunt.....

For us, it's so time consuming, the $$ isn't enough for the work.

For one of a kind items as you have, we find it can take an hour to research, wash, repair, photograph and list an item. 

And small priced, low ship cost items have been what sells for us.

Anyway, best of luck.

Please come back and share a sucess story.

Life after ebay.

Message 25 of 73
latest reply

@pyrabluestudios wrote:

@3brothersdeals wrote:

Because it's too risky to buy inventory anymore to sell here. Saving 25 or 30 cents has nothing to do with the massive sales problems on this site. And even when there is a sale, there are so many scams and fee manipulations, it's really just better to move on like I and I'm sure many others have already done or are about to do.

Sadly, this is where I am heading too....

Sadly, me too.  A different opportunity for a 9-5 job has just come my way, so I'd better take it while I have the chance.  I love eBay as both a buyer and a seller.  I hope eBay get these problems resolved.  It's really been enjoyable selling here and I will truly miss it.  Good luck to all!

Message 26 of 73
latest reply

We can point fingers all day long and its not going to get us anywere.  But i think you all ready know the answer that question.  Best regard

Message 27 of 73
latest reply

Both my mom and aunt sold here before me - my mom since year one -  but both have had full time jobs while selling (me too). Ebay is EXTRA money but Im not depending on paying my rent with it.  I think of it as a long slow global electronic yard sale not a business.

Message 28 of 73
latest reply

i am with you on this! been here since 2012, and my sales have seriously plummeted.. I am paying my fees now with my job, and it has never been like this!!! my subscription is up the end of this month and i am done!!! I am tired of paying for refunds constantly for buyer remorse, tired of the way they handle these cases...BUT i am grateful to have had this oppurtunity but im over it now.. good luck to you!!!
Message 29 of 73
latest reply

Years ago I sold a lot on Ebay, on a miniscule inventory compared to now. I made a respectable part-time income. 

These days it's a small add-on to what I make on Amazon. There are days I feel upbeat, there are days I feel down and discouraged. 

But the days of making much money on here are long gone so I can well understand why anyone would decide to quit and put their energy elsewhere. 

good luck to you!

Message 30 of 73
latest reply