cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view my followers?

I used to scroll down to the bottom of the page and there my followers would be. That's gone now, so how do I view them now?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: How to view my followers?

@kaseyalyce_56@carne.kay@oldtownrhoda@dejitaldragon@berriecollectibles  

I submitted a request to eBay to give sellers access to their followers. If more sellers request this feature maybe they will reconsider. You can submit your request from unsolicited idea submissions policy—> expand "read our full policy" —> click selling.

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 16 of 42
latest reply

What I've done is saved those buyers to my favorite "sellers" list and added a note indicating what they frequently buy and what interests they have. I also have my favorite sellers there too and note why they are. My store isn't huge and it's probably not the best, but it's the only system I could figure out. LOL  As I list several items, I'll check my favorite "sellers" page to see if I'm listing something of interest. 

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

Thanks. I contacted ebay and let them know it was a bad policy. Actually I called and I used the link you provided. Lets hope the squeaky wheel theory works!

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

Thanks.

So did i.

Hope it helps.

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I can't see my followers now either.  I did what you told us before, and it worked, but now, it doesn't, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!

Rae

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, eBay has changed things again and the link no longer works.

At the moment it appears there is no way to view your followers.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

I can see absolutely no logic to this policy. What is the point in even having a Followers feature if you can't see who your followers are?

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@element2631 

What is the point in even having a Followers feature if you can't see who your followers are?

Saving or following a seller allows a buyer to keep track of a seller's items easily. It is a benefit for the buyer.

The seller benefits indirectly in the form of higher sales, similar to the way a seller benefits from a user being able to watch one of the seller's items, even though the seller has no idea of the identity of the watcher until a purchase is actually made.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

There is a very simple explanation for this change.  E-bay no longer wants their sellers/buyers to have access to their 'followers' list and by disabling it will avoid any possible contact outside of their site.  This could possibly be the result of so many sellers leaving and going on their own. They now consider this a threat.  You would have been wise to have saved this list before this happened.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

Definitely needs to be reinstated ,

Its nice to be able to let possible buyers of something they collect or need not everybody has time to check constantly for  a item, if you have sold to them once they are more likely to buy from you than a unknown seller

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

The risk of direct communication between buyers and sellers leading to off-site transaction has to be the reason this feature was removed. But I don't think giving sellers access to their followers and off-site transaction have a strong causal relationship. Because

• if the followers bought from the seller before, the seller already has their email addresses and other contact information to transact directly.
  • if the followers haven't bought from the seller before, they might prefer to stay on eBay regardless of the seller's approach, otherwise they are more likely to contact the seller in the first place.

Therefore, not having access to my followers won't reduce off-site transactions. As a small seller, when I have a new follower I always send a message to thank their follow, invite them to reach out with questions, and offer a discount to encourage purchase. If that leads to sale every body wins.

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 26 of 42
latest reply

You can't anymore. I just was on chat with ebay and this was the reply: "I am sorry to let you know that the feature has now freeze out and it in no more available for the users to access." 

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

pineapple1951
Adventurer

Any update since 2121? I used to be able to view my followers, now I can’t.Your “solution “ doesn’t work.I’m on an iPad, if that makes a difference.I know mobile devices are discriminated on many sites for reasons beyond logic.Help,thanks.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Very interesting, useful and disappointing thread, all at the same time.

While we can't see who follows us, can we send emails to the list via the Seller Portal?  I know that I have 250+ followers, but when I go to Manage My Store > Email Marketing, it says I have no subscribers.  Are followers not considered subscribers?  Do sellers need to drive opt-in to specific email lists (either w/in a listing or from their store)?

One would think that if a sellers runs promotional emails through eBay, eBay can still obfuscate the recipient (i.e., subscriber or follower) list eliminating their concern of the seller end-arounding them.

I've been trying to figure this out for months and am completely stumped.  

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Final straw ebay. Ten years of my life's work has helped you become rich beyond your wildest dreams. And you won't even let me see the handful of followers I've built up over those ten years. Enough is enough.

Goodbye.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply