cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep listings active without a store

I would like to close my ebay store to avoid the monthly fee since I have not made any sale in 4 months. but I would like to keep my listings available without being in a store format.

What are my optins? How can I get the lowest fee per item and still keep it active such that I only pay a fee once an item sells?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: How to keep listings active without a store

Thank you for your advice. Some questions:
Once I close my store, do my listings automatically stay active ?Or how do I revert to a non store account. What steps do I need to take?
I agree with you, I need to make changes. Most important is how to make my listings appear in a search result. Any advice?
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Thank you for your help.
I will reduce my pricing. Any suggestions on how to improve my placement in search. I know that is my key problem.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Hello, thank you for your help.
I used inkfrog to transfer the content of my listings from my Shopify(e-commerce) store to ebay. Just a tool which allows me to copy the content without manually doing it.
Do you know how I can get rid of the extra white space below the listings? I am not a tech person.
@shipscript it would be very helpful if you could check if there are issues with the OP listings descriptions.
D
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Thank you. I think 4 stores is too much. I might just reduce the listings to 100 and operate 2 free stores.
My question is how do I do that? Once I cancel my store subscription, do the listings still remain active?
Should I narrow it down to 100 listings before cancelling the store subscription? How do I transfer 50 listings to another account without losing the content and having to redo it?
Thank you
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@huftventures wrote:
Thank you for your advice. Some questions:
Once I close my store, do my listings automatically stay active ?Or how do I revert to a non store account. What steps do I need to take?
I agree with you, I need to make changes. Most important is how to make my listings appear in a search result. Any advice?

Your listings won't end if you cancel your store. You revert by going to Subscriptions and canceling your store.

Just about the only thing you can control in regards to listings appearing in search is your titles. DO NOT use all capitals.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@huftventures wrote:
Thank you. I think 4 stores is too much. I might just reduce the listings to 100 and operate 2 free stores.
My question is how do I do that? Once I cancel my store subscription, do the listings still remain active?
Should I narrow it down to 100 listings before cancelling the store subscription? How do I transfer 50 listings to another account without losing the content and having to redo it?
Thank you

You mean 2 accounts, not 2 free stores. Your listings won't end when you cancel.

You don't have to narrow anything down when you cancel, just don't relist them after they end.

There isn't an easy way to transfer, you're just going to have to copy and paste a lot.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Sorry its lighting out here bad so im rushing #1 1. Fast and free shipping icon. How do I get that on my listings? it comes when you do all the steps ebay is looking for..

--------------------------------------------------------

BUT #1 step you need to look better at the photos .

---------------------------------------

2. Upper case letters for title. Is this something you suggest? no I like doing that to grab view but there are two things in photps I am wanting you to note.. you need to see it on your own .. THINK......... we are trying to sell the products ....... what would you search for? if . YOU where looking to buy it ????..... when you type in looking what do you type in ?......

........................................................................................

look at both our things and then look at our photos .. what is differing in them other than what we sale ?

-------------------------------------------------------

#3 3. Re the product itself, I cannot change it since I do not manufacture it.

hello I see a few things wrong.. one is did you know both cost 50 cent more and the other cheaper... so . Re the product itself,.... I cannot change it since I do not manufacture it... hello its not patent pending or a product like disney.. for one thing you need to stop and THINK.... if YOU have a cute pup. and on his collar you want to put one of them WHAT would YOU BUY ? and WHY do you want it for your pup?

.......... I think as I said it would have a purpose/// that being for CUTE or for to but his info on in case he gets lost... LOOK at the photos..... Number one  YOURs has a JEWELRY top on it.. that WILL fall off your pup.. You can buy the loops cheap and reuse the jewelry tops for other charms you resale..... and frankly its NOT serving the other TWO NEEDS.. its not Lovely. or useful to ID your pup.. SO// " I cannot change it since I do not manufacture it. " YES you can !.... some Hot glue or super glue and cute Rhinestones or tiny flowers in nail polish would BLING that product untill you sell them out... You need to LOOK at WHAT and WHY you sale it.. COMPARE does it LOOK better? or work better for the design ? if that kind of thing dont work.. repaint and use for Kids shoes or keychains. orbackpack pulls or lanyards tags THINK outside the box.

..............................................................................................................................................

4. I do not understand what you have written below. Please explain.
the number on your shipping paper the tracking.. post every one FAST FAST FAST,, like that day or next if you can............. When you SHIP a package from the post office. they give you a receipt. on that receipt is YOUR TRACKING NUMBER.. you are to TYPE that numper On the COSTOMERS sales  on your wall buy the part that you can leave feedback  area .. You MUST PUT IT THERE IN TWO DAYS OF SALE

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

PS I was not saying to lower your price.. just saying if the price is high.. make sure its one of the best products for that price
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

we all had to work to learn. I can't just hand you everything. the whole reason I am put stuff here is for YOUR INPUT.. come on wright to me tell me what you see you can learn from.. its a lesson for every auction so it will help you on all sites of selling
Message 24 of 24
latest reply