cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a false feedback claim

I received feedback that was inappropriate.  It stated a bag I sold was fake, when #1 they did not have proof, and #2 it was not fake.  I offered to have them return it, but they never responded.   I asked them for a feedback revision and they did not respond.  I asked ebay to step in and remove it as it's not just an opinion it's an offense that is a legal responsibility.  How can I have it removed?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: How to delete a false feedback claim

Thank you for your opinion.  I'm actually not mad--I'm concerned for us as Sellers, because it goes beyond an opinion.  And working together is something encouraged by all to make Ebay a better selling platform for Buyers and Sellers.  It's good to have a community outlet though.  

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Living and learning...

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Interesting, thanks for sharing.  

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for the advice.  

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

So true.  Thank you for sharing that.  Much appreciated food for thought.  After 20 years on Ebay I am still  learning as the world changes.  

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

#1 they did not have proof

Buyers do not need proof

and #2 it was not fake

That is your opinion

I offered to have them return it, but they never responded

Buyers are not required to return items in order to leave feedback

I asked them for a feedback revision and they did not respond

Buyers are not required to respond to revision requests. 

I asked ebay to step in and remove it as it's not just an opinion

Yes it is the buyer's opinion, and there is no eBay policy that supports removing it.

that is a legal responsibility

What exactly is the "legal responsibility" you are referring to?

How can I have it removed?

You can't. eBay does not remove feedback just because the seller wants it removed.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Let it go.

It doesn't affect your rating. Just another weird buyer. Block the buyer.

Responding to the buyer makes it worse. Next time...don't respond to a feedback.

Feedback already got buried from positive feedbacks.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@jeejeerose1 wrote:

So true.  Thank you for sharing that.  Much appreciated food for thought.  After 20 years on Ebay I am still  learning as the world changes.  

@jeejeerose1 

Again, you are more than welcome.  You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders and are willing to learn.  Believe me when I say we don't always see that here.  While I know a lot from supporting others here I don't know it all and continue to learn ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Very helpful thanks.  

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Thank you for the response and advice.  Yes, I will move on, but nice to talk about it and see what if anything can be done.  

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Oh yes, I am always willing to hear feedback and learn.  I was mostly concerned because selling fake items are being prosecuted by law for items and I did not want to be a part of something like that, when it could have been resolved between Buyer and Seller. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

"Unfortunately, this is a knock off handbag which is disappointing and it is not as clean as I expected. The size and design are nice. Ill probably donate it."

Any chance this could be a competitor?  Something about this feedback just doesn't sound right; it's too "nice".  If I got a knock off anything, I wouldn't be disappointed, I'd be mad.  She claims it's a knock off but she thinks the size and design are nice.  Huh?  What does that mean? And she has over 400 FB so would know the money back guarantee rule and yet she's going to donate it?  Nice she can afford to do that.   She probably just wanted to scar your FB a bit and will turn around and sell the bag herself.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Yes, I agree and wondered why she didn't reach out.  Thanks for your input.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@jeejeerose1 wrote:

Oh yes, I am always willing to hear feedback and learn.  I was mostly concerned because selling fake items are being prosecuted by law for items and I did not want to be a part of something like that, when it could have been resolved between Buyer and Seller. 

@jeejeerose1 

This is actually a point I try to push with eBay to make as a requirement BEFORE less than Positive Feedback is left.   eBay has even stated in their help pages that "Trading partners" (their term for a Buyer and Seller on a transaction) should try to work things out BEFORE taking action like filing a return or leaving less than Positive Feedback.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Yes, i agree.  Probably why the  negative feedback was put under Neutral as you have to either wait a period of time or try to resolve issue under negative setting.  

Message 30 of 31
latest reply