cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid false policy violations

I keep having items Im selling becoming policy violations and being deleted. I am left to believe this is a automated response acting on certain trigger words since I am very careful not to break any policies. For example my listing for a comic book was titled " Gun Honey Blood For Blood #1 Cvr G Hugault Nude Bagged" was deleted for a policy violation. Without any explanation of why that title is a violation only leaves me clueless and most likely to violate policy again. Which word is triggering the violation? It most certainly wasnt the photograph which was in violation. 

gh1.jpg 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How to avoid false policy violations

It's been an interesting time since eBay got rid of the Adults Only category entirely in June 2021. Plenty of power sellers seem to get away with listing full on adults-only comics in the regular comics section (some CGC graded  & priced for hundreds of dollars) and are never flagged or banned; meanwhile, you can list a non-adult comic and have it flagged for no reason at all (Destiny, NY is a title that frequently gets flagged and the main character in that is literally dressed in a baggy outfit that covers her from neck to toes, no clue why it is considered adult) . Once eBay ends a listing, just move on and don't relist it- enough take downs and they will suspend your account. Enough suspensions and they do a permanent ban. 

Gun Honey is basically a female James Bond type, and the regular pinup style covers sell quite well; despite the nude cover being an incentive, the word "Nude" will probably get it flagged regardless of whether it is in the title or description. (And despite the helpful completely opaque bag the publisher shipped it in!) And, as others have said, entirely possible some other seller or a bidder didn't like your price or thought you were competition or whatever and reported your listing. Just one of those weird things.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Hi,

I just had an interesting chat with Ebay about nudity:

eBay allows Nude art to be listed in the following categories: Art categories Collectibles > Paper > Pin Up > Vintage (Pre-1970) Collectibles > Postcards > Non-Topographical Postcards Collectibles > Photographic Images > Photographs Post-1970 nude art cannot be listed outside of Art categories. Pre-1970 nude art can be listed in any of the categories designated for nude art.
06:29:48 UTC ephemerabrooklyn
So full frontal nudes are ok but not in magazines?
06:30:06 UTC Catherine
Yes you are correct 
06:31:51 UTC ephemerabrooklyn
Catherine, That doesn't make any sense so if I tear images in the magazine I can sell them individually but not in a Magazine.
06:37:10 UTC Catherine
No. I understand that it must be confusing why listing in Collectibles allows this listing but not in magazine. Let me share that magazines that contain nudity are allowed only if they don't contain sexual activity.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@radioindy wrote:

Gun Honey is basically a female James Bond type, and the regular pinup style covers sell quite well; despite the nude cover being an incentive, the word "Nude" will probably get it flagged regardless of whether it is in the title or description.

Googling the title "GUN HONEY: BLOOD FOR BLOOD #1" shows that the cover does not in fact reveal any Naughty Bits, FWIW... 🙄

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Seems to me, they aren't "false" policy violations.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

That term will forever conjure up Monty Python for me. 

Naughty bits. LOL

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

how about "unclothed"?  

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Hi , ebay suspended my sale in perfume yves st laurent women's  ID 3614272648425 how I can do that

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@ericodapro ,

Just list them on Craig’s, Mark’s, or Jeff’s website.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I know there is an "adult only" section here that hides the product image until you verify your age but I cant find how to access this feature.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

The adult only section no longer exists, eBay removed it in 2021. 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply