cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's the New Shopping Experience Working for You?

Here's what the new shopping experience has done for my sales.

120 Days --------15,135

90 Days ---------11,424

30 Days----------3,011

7 Days------------277

24 Hrs--------------14

Been here 11 years and may not last another month.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Your numbers mean nothing to those who can't understand them, please explain....

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I guess the New Shopping Experience will be like everything else that is a change.  It will help some, hurt some, just confuse some, cause some people hours more work to make needed adjustments in their positioning.  It will cause some to lose money although I'll bet eBay is hoping to bank more.  Some shoppers will like it while others will skip out because they don't like the new experience at all.

Truthfully, I often think eBay succeeds (as far as they have) in spite of themselves.  Yes, businesses have to evolve WITH the evolving e-commerce world, but with eBay...  it's like they get themselves from level 1 up to level 7 and then get a wild hair to change something here like RST site is doing it.  So it disrupts eBay back down to level 4, where they hold for awhile and begin to climb up to level 9, when they decide to disrupt something else again, to make themselves more like XYZ site, and we have to readjust yet again!  Seems like growth is actually held back.. pruned back over and over again because of all of the disruptions that interfere with solid straight-line growth.  Half of our eBay lives is spent just trying to adapt to the new innovations before we can start moving forward and upward again. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

eBay is not growing, if not for Donahoe's value added fees on shipping eBay would have been showing negative growth for the last 5 years, those revenues kept eBay and the smokescreen they have been blowing for Wall Street appear that eBay is growing.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

New "shopping" experience has been great!!  If you've managed to expand your shoppers imagination well beyond the "find item/bid/pay" aspect into more of a

"find item/watch item/check ebays added like items to the item you're now watching/make low offer/establish contact/use multiple buyer ids/check if item still available after ending (if not sold)/maybe combine multiple items when purchasing just one/inquire about other possible items"......

I'm sure there's more.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You forgot make bogus returns to evade paying for shipping whether or not it's as described and the presence of a returns policy.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Number of days -------------- Total Sales in Dollars.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Do you see any traffic from Google on any of your listings when you run a generic search ?

In other words picking a few keywords from your titles, not exact cut and paste....

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Been at this for 11 years and get so tired of having the rug jerked out. Just get up to speed and along comes another great idea from eBay. Last time it was this slow was with the "Click to See Description" fiasco. I'm 60 yrs old and invested $20,000 in inventory this last year and just borrowed another $6000 for the same purpose, but all is on hold now and looks like I'll be going back to work for the other guy, my business went belly up with the New Shopping Experience.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

yup, that's what they do.  I will never trust ebay again. All but given up now, and dont care. Like smashing your head against a brick wall. It isnt going to change for the better. It hasnt in three years. Nothing has picked up at all or improved.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

eBay has a ton of internal problems to solve, they also have external problems out of their control like Google sending traffic to the site, Google could snuff out eBay overnight if they wanted to, eBay also has mobile users becoming the majority of the traffic coming in, so these external factors could be greatly contributing to the lack of growth on eBay.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

"No, you don't need that, we've got barbecue grills 20% Off. Go this way instead!"

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@megadestroyers wrote:

New "shopping" experience has been great!!  If you've managed to expand your shoppers imagination well beyond the "find item/bid/pay" aspect into more of a

"find item/watch item/check ebays added like items to the item you're now watching/make low offer/establish contact/use multiple buyer ids/check if item still available after ending (if not sold)/maybe combine multiple items when purchasing just one/inquire about other possible items"......

I'm sure there's more.

Yeah, you left out don't pay/cancel because NOW eBay showed you cheaper one... demand refund because it didn't arrive by a date you had no part in promising... get policy warning for answering buyer Message...   They're expanding the experience as fast as they can!

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

We've been hijacked. They're now using the searches for our items to bring traffic to thiers. We're screwed.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@tommyjoetools

@tommyjoetools wrote:

Here's what the new shopping experience has done for my sales.

120 Days --------15,135

90 Days ---------11,424

30 Days----------3,011

7 Days------------277

24 Hrs--------------14

Been here 11 years and may not last another month.

I have thoroughly studied your numbers, ran them through a spreadsheet, put them in a pie chart and generated an algorithm which has spit out the following solution for you:

Offer Guaranteed Delivery as soon as it goes live next month ... problem solved ... NEXT!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 15
latest reply