cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does seller escalates SNAD Return Request

Hi,
I received on January 10th Snad Return Request from buyer with "private feedback history". She states that coat I sent to her is not in excellent pre-owned condition but for "giving to Charity". I uploaded my pictures on request which shows exactly that coat is in excellent condition. She responds immediately with some else "arguments" and states that she uploaded those pictures on request where she shows where it's damaged but there is no any picture from her.
I was curious and frustrated about this and googled her name on fb, found out she is drug addict.

But that has nothing to do with me, I just wanted to try to escalate this request because I cannot afford paying for return shipping (international even). She obviously wants it for free.
I tried to escalate this case but cannot. And tried to find ebay phone number where I could call for this, but there is none.
So could anyone help me with some information and experiences?
Thank you in advance all.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: How does seller escalates SNAD Return Request

Sadly,  even if you are correct that it is in excellent condition she WILL win the SNAD.  It is a “he said, she said” situation and eBay favors buyers in those. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@ervinfurs wrote:

I was curious and frustrated about this and ....  her name on...

So could anyone help me with some information and experiences?

Never do that.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Refund outright or send money by paypal for a return label. Those are your only options.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@ervinfurs wrote:

I was curious and frustrated about this and googled her name on fb, found out she is drug addict. 

But that has nothing to do with me, I just wanted to try to escalate this request 

It has nothing to do with you, but you still felt the need to post about it here. 

Good luck . After reading that I wouldn't help you even if I could.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

While you feel you have every right to find out who you're dealing with, that doesn't mean you should post about it on a public board.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

OP, if you cannot afford to pay for return shipping from International countries, then maybe you should sell US only.

As far as googling a person or address - I do understand the address to make sure it is not an empty lot or that it even exists

But to divulge personal info about a person, and

If you googled my name a lot share it.  Common Italian last name. 

Are you sure it is even her?

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

While you feel you have every right to find out who you're dealing with, that doesn't mean you should post about it on a public board.

Seller didn't post any names, so what's your complaint? 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

My complaint is this may not even be the seller's buyer. Yes, no names. But I feel it still doesn't make it right. You, of course, can feel differently.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

My complaint is this may not even be the seller's buyer. Yes, no names. But I feel it still doesn't make it right. You, of course, can feel differently.

Two people are not going to have the same name and the same address. If the OP made a mistake on that, it's on them. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

Two people are not going to have the same name and the same address. If the OP made a mistake on that, it's on them. 

Oh, yes they can and do.  Not often, but it does happen. And notice the OP only said they googled the name.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Of course two people can have the same name.

While my son lived at home he shared the same name with my husband.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Excuse me, I am really not sure what are you talking about even I would like to know?
I have nowhere said my buyer's name, address, ID or anything NOR I WOULD EVER!! No matter what experiences I have with them. I reserve every right to search for my buyer's name on some social pages (not to contact them or anything  - NEVER) just to see with whom I am dealing with, especially because I sell high value items.
Unfortunatelly this page is getting real paradise for scammers and as a seller you have no any basic protection here. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

Oh, yes they can and do.  Not often, but it does happen. And notice the OP only said they googled the name.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree......if two people at the same address have the same name I am just fine with not wanting to deal with either of them. 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@takikawa4 wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree......if two people at the same address have the same name I am just fine with not wanting to deal with either of them. 

I am going to disagree with that.  I have seen it both ways.

Great parents who gave their children everything, and they still turned out bad.

And people who should never have been allowed to reproduce, yet their children were able to come out and lead very productive lives.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply