cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i sell a digital item?

Hello everybody,

I have plans to sell some digital item but I cannot see where the system give the chance to select "Digital item" specifically in order to avoid any problem with Ebay. I want to go forward not go back.

I chose as I read to be in: Everything Else>Information Products>Other information products. As well I can say that I suppose I can be there because: "Recipes you created yourself and own the rights to".

eliminated shipping and let only pickup (no shipping), but I don't know that it is enough. The listing has a note "Condition is not applicable to this listing." it should be for a Digital Item I think.

Also, I need to know if I can sell it at an Auction.

Anybody can tell me how can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i sell a digital item?

First, you have the correct category for digital goods: Everything Else>Information Products>Other information products

Second, you need to list the item as a "Classified Ad" (you cannot use Auction or Buy It Now).  You select this type of listing by going down to the drop down menu beside Selling Details / Format, and you would select "Classified Ad" instead of "Buy It Now" or "Auction".  The fee for a 30 day classified ad is $9.95.

More information can be found here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay does not allow sales of digital items.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

First, you have the correct category for digital goods: Everything Else>Information Products>Other information products

Second, you need to list the item as a "Classified Ad" (you cannot use Auction or Buy It Now).  You select this type of listing by going down to the drop down menu beside Selling Details / Format, and you would select "Classified Ad" instead of "Buy It Now" or "Auction".  The fee for a 30 day classified ad is $9.95.

More information can be found here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sorry?

Selling Digital Goods on eBay

Selling digital products and services on eBay has recently been made easier due to announcements from eBay that gives greater permissions to sellers. This guide will assist you in getting set up to sell digital products quickly. We will also show you the best payment and download hosting services. Finally, we will give you a checklist to refer to in order to avoid being shut down by eBay for non compliance of their guidelines.  We recommend you copy and paste this checklist into a word file and save on your desktop. This way you can easily refer to it anytime you are adding a new product for sale.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have t add this:

Selling Digital Items
A digital item is a computer file or special information that you can access online or have delivered electronically. Digitally delivered goods and items which are transferred electronically are not permitted on eBay. Some examples of digital items are:
Electronic books or ebooks
Digital pictures
Other electronic documents
Domain names and tickets which may be transferred electronically are excluded and may be traded on eBay.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I did it already. Thanks anyway !!!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You need to see all of the digital sportscards that are being sold then......on ebay

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I do not see the guide.  How do I get it?

Rod

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply