Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I refund a partial shipping refund

I need to refund a partial shipping refund for combined items

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After you purchase label...go to ORDERS, ALL ORDERS (select item and click SEND REFUND).   You can send "partial refund" and indicate that is a shipping discount.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

To add to what @caldreamer  said, if it was multiple orders that didn't get combined into one by eBay or by you before shipping (which is common), you might not be able to refund across all orders at once.  You can either apply the whole discount to one item, or break it up and refund across multiple orders in smaller amounts.  Up to you how you handle it, but keep in mind if they are showing as separate orders and you do a partial refund on just one, then if they return that one or file a claim, you might end up with an unhappy customer if they don't get a full refund, though you can work around that if needed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The refund form has recently changed and it is a bit confusing.  We no longer have a spot to put in the amount you want to refund on the shipping so that you can give your buyer a combined shipping discount.  There use to be, but for some reason Ebay took it away.

So just pick any line item you want that appears when you go in to process a refund to the buyer.  I usually just pick the first one for ease.  Then in the comment section I type something like:  Here is your refund on the shipping as previously discussed.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  Thank you for choosing to shop with me.  Respectfully, XXXXX

Then click to process it and it takes you to the next page where you can select the reason for the refund.  One of the options is it is a shipping discount, so that is the one you want.  Then click to process it and it will refund the buyer what you put in the refund form plus any sales taxes that are appropriate.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply