cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create shipping discounts

I went to preferences but the only option it gives me to change my shipping is to make all of the listings one shipping price. I can't do that especially on Heavy items. How do I change it to reflect first highest and half every one after that? I don't want my customers to overpay shipping, (I typically refund them if it's too much), nor do I want them to have to request an invoice. With this new system I'm trying to navigate the best I can but it's not super user friendly. Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I create shipping discounts

It's funny how the people who like to be rude and snippy on posts actually have no help to offer when presented with a legitimate question. That's what I thought......have a seat.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You need to add the option into your listing form.

Go to Site Preferences(from your My Ebay page, hover mouse over ACCOUNT tab, then select Site Preferences).  Once you're there, click the SHOW link for  Shipping Preferences, then click the EDIT link for Offer combined payments and shipping

Set it up to your liking, you can adjust it to add or subtract a dollar or percentage amount for each item.  Then the option should be available in your listing form.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@discountme

You need to set up your Combined Shipping Rules (follow the directions of danne ^^^ up there^^)

If you are using calculated shipping, the best way to do this is to select "Add all shipping weights and subtract xx" this will take the heaviest item first, add the full weight of the additional items and then subtract xx ounces per each additional item.

To find xx, you need to figure your Tare weight. This is your average "empty box" weight.

My items are fragile and/or heavy (china and glass) so they require sturdier boxes and packing materials.

My combine rule says "add all weights and subtract 14 ounces"

When I list, I add 1 full pound to the item weight in the shipping calculator.

I also have Calculated Priority Shipping on ALL of my listings. In order for the combine rules to work correctly, all of your shipping options need to be the same on all of your items.

Just a note ... unless your items are seriously lightweight (2 or 3 ounces max), don't try do do calculated combine with First Class Package. If the combined weight goes over 13 (or 16 depending on whether or not you are passing along the discount) ounces, the calculator will jump to Retail Priority Rates.

For those types of lightweight items, you are better off doing a flat rate combine like "$3 for the first, $1 each additional"

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Omg, that is wayyy too much. I'll do it manually, thanks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's not showing that on my end. It's telling me it will change every listing. I'm not going to mess with it. This entire system is ridiculous imo. Thanks for the help
Message 6 of 6
latest reply