cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel an overdue return request

I  have a buyer that wants to return an item they claim is defective.  I agreed to accept the return on April 23.  They buyer had until May 22 to ship the item back to me, but it still has not been shipped as of May 27.  How can I close this case, since the buyer has not fulfilled their portion of the agreement?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You cannot.

With the 2020 Spring Seller Update, eBay now automates the closure of abandoned returns.  Depending on the circumstances, the return will close anywhere between 15 and 35 BUSINESS days after the return was opened.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

This is taken from ebay policy>

How long a buyer has to ship the return:

Once the return is accepted, we'll provide the buyer with a date by which they should ship the item and check that the return is on its way back to you. We may close the return if we don't see signals that the item is on its way back to you:

• eBay-Generated Labels: We may close the return request if the label is not printed within 10 business days. We may also close the return if the label is printed but we don't see tracking scans showing the item was shipped within 15 business days of when the label was provided.
  • Seller-Provided Labels: If you provide non-eBay return labels and upload tracking we may close the return if we don't see tracking scans or signals from the buyer showing the item was shipped within 15 business days of when the label was provided. If tracking is not uploaded, we may wait up to 35 business days before closing the return.
  • No Label Provided: If the buyer is responsible for return shipping, we may close the return if we don't see tracking scans or signals showing the item was shipped within 15 business days of the return being accepted. If you are responsible for providing return shipping and do not upload a label, we may wait up to 35 business days from the date the return was accepted before closing the return.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had a similar situation a few months ago. I called ebay and the cs escalated it while I was on the phone and closed it in my favor. 

This is the link I got that info from I just posted for you. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115&st=1...

At the bottom of that page, have ebay give you a call back

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I've got one showing since 4/3.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to everyone that answered my request.  I'll just wait and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply