cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Season Chit-Chat

Hi everyone! We know this year is going to be a holiday season like no other and we wanted to give everyone a chance to connect with each other over less-directly-ebay things and more holiday stories, traditions, recipes etc. Have fun! Meet someone new! We’re all in this together. 

As always please keep the conversation on topic (which shouldn’t be too hard, it’s a broad one after all 😉) and be respectful of each other. This thread will remain open from 11.25.2020 to 1.6.2021.

Thanks to @dhbookds  for making the suggestion!

Message 1 of 374
latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: Holiday Season Chit-Chat

Oh yum, and looks like it might go better than my wacky recipe! The cutting bread while frozen is so clever, I never would have thought of that! We love breakfast for dinner in my house. 

@dhbookds wrote:

lol.....@ Rebecca ..........don't know if this will help.....  this "French Toast" is a favorite dinner meal.......one caveat to the orig recipe which calls for an 8X8" pan.......I use a 9 x 13....with perhaps a bit more bread.  This is almost a bread pudding recipe.....where you get custard on the bottom and crisp on the top......and we like more crispy, less custard than the 8x8 produces..... I end up with about 2 layers of torn bread and the wet stuff comes up leaving about 3/4 of the top layer to crisp in the 9 x 13.

Oven to 350

Butter pan

5 cups or somewhat more torn bread cubes.  I freeze cheap bread and cut it while frozen.

4 eggs

1  1/2c milk

4 tablespoons sugar (2 for top, 2 for bottom) Splenda works fine.

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp Cinnamon

1 tablespoon butter

Put bread cubes into pan

Beat together eggs/milk 2 TBSP sugar, salt Vanilla, Pour over bread cubes Dot top with butter

Let stand 10 min.

Combine remaining sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over top.....

Bake for 20-25 min IF using 9 x 13 pan........about 40 min with 8 x 8.  Use a toothpick to check, when it comes out clean....it's done. 

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 196 of 374
latest reply

I'm definitely more of a creative cook than highly skilled haha. 

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

rebecca@ebay. Ahhh Rebecca, Martha Stewart your not...maybe more like Snoop dog in the kitchen? It was enjoyable and sound delish!

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 197 of 374
latest reply

rebecca@ebay Hun your recipe is so good, I've been really sick and haven't had a chance to tell you. Made it with 103* temp but it really is delish! Martha would be proud! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Message 198 of 374
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 that is a lovely picture, we from the Southwest never tire from the mountain views do we? My auntie lives in Prescott, gosh I love that town...they have a Trader joes!!! 

Message 199 of 374
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

I sure hope you are feeling better...103 temp is serious. 

I love the mountains of Arizona.  My view from where I live is the Huachuca Mtns.   Miller Peak is 9,465 ft above sea level and is in view from my yard.  It should get snow any day now that will last until Mother's Day.  That will be my White Christmas.

Message 200 of 374
latest reply

@mcdougle4248. Oh I'll be ok, can't talk but hubs likes that. Blurry eyed though that's strange ( no stroke, Neuro nurse) that elevation is high, and bet it gorgeous there! It got up to 70s here but that dreaded wind is coming in again tomorrow. Wish I could see some snow think we had some in 2006 but it lasted about 1 hour! Please shoot us a picture when you get some snow?

Message 201 of 374
latest reply

HI... Thank you very much and we wish you too happy big holiday 🙂

I can't help trying new recipes for the days...

I wish you all merry Christmas and Happy new year which brings your dreams truth.

Best Regards!  

Message 202 of 374
latest reply

103 is very high, silver...I hope you are better soon!  We had about 1/2 of snow last year.  It's been VERY warm here over 50-ish and I haven't had the heaters on hardly at all.  Eight inch walls and double paned windows come in handy in the winter.  The downside is it's cold inside even when it's 80 out.  Never gets above 70.

Stay safe everyone!

Message 203 of 374
latest reply

Being confined to the home with snow everywhere has always been my choice of Quarantine...... not the world wide Covid19.   I am waiting on the perfect pic.... maybe this weekend?  Oh well enjoy your holidays. 

Message 204 of 374
latest reply

Message 205 of 374
latest reply

Message 206 of 374
latest reply

cahue-20
Scout

Easy dessert: Black Forest Brownies

1 box brownie mix, make as directed and cool at room temp

1 can cherry pie filling, put over brownie layer

Whipped topping, when serving

Faster than making a cake. 

Message 207 of 374
latest reply

For those who love looking at pictures of that cold white stuff, google Crater Lake National Park or check out the web cams from their visitor center.  They have an average 43 feet of annual snow fall. Their record for greatest depth on the ground at one time is over 21 feet 😲 It's a beautiful place and I have great childhood memories of it, but I'm happy to stare at it in pictures from somewhere much warmer now. 😎

4b3cd4b4df86e09acd9b52d7e96d3ca5.jpg

b7b5d16b9388877148f82a7f80636761.jpg

crater-lake-oregon-lodge.jpg

Message 208 of 374
latest reply

❤️

thsto11
Message 209 of 374
latest reply

Look what came in the mail for me from one of my buyers.  This little angel is just way too cute 👼

Untitled.jpg

Message 210 of 374
latest reply