cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmmmm.............speculation

No chat tomorrow..........wonder if there is going to be some big announcement........  Seems early for a "Spring" update........

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

They may be consumed with trying to fix all the 1099 issues. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Maybe start a pool about any upcoming announcement?

I'll go with "Adding vaccine passport to Managed Payments for ability to list items for auction or sale"

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Update to user agreement just got.

That might be it.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

2019 was the year of 3 seller updates. An "Early" seller update released Feb 26, a Spring Update and a Fall Update. This could be another triple-update year. 😞

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

2019 was the year of 3 seller updates. An "Early" seller update released Feb 26, a Spring Update and a Fall Update. This could be another triple-update year. 😞

As long as they leave item specifics and categories alone, I don't care how many updates they do.  Not holding my breath on that though.  Ugh.  

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@aprilmoviebuf2000 wrote:

As long as they leave item specifics and categories alone, I don't care how many updates they do.  

Those changes will come at least twice a year like clockwork as they always have.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@aprilmoviebuf2000 wrote:

As long as they leave item specifics and categories alone, I don't care how many updates they do.  

Those changes will come at least twice a year like clockwork as they always have.

Got to justify da job man......

Never has eBay been one to leave alone if it works.

If it not broke fix it seems to be the way of eBay....

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

They may be consumed with trying to fix all the 1099 issues. 

If they can't handle this year then wait until next..

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@dhbookds  I was wondering as well. I think that the chat would have been overwhelmed with the 1099 issues and they really don't have any answers as of now, so they chose to cancel.  What a mess. Thanks for posting. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt My thoughts exactly. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I cannot say I do not blame them for not running it with the 1099 stuff going on. 

If they do not have any answers, they will get roasted
If they have the answers that people don't like, they will still get roasted

If they try to talk about anything else, they will get roasted. 

Sometimes it is wise to stay quiet until they have the answers. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Well, they got everyone talking now.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Just got an update to the User Agreement. I'd say that clinches some sort of Seller Update dropping tomorrow.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@dhbookds  I was wondering as well. I think that the chat would have been overwhelmed with the 1099 issues and they really don't have any answers as of now, so they chose to cancel.  What a mess. Thanks for posting. 

I bet against that...........they have had big issues before and not "ducked" them with canceling chat......they could have just said....specialized problem and we can't answer......

I thought (hoped not) some or all  of the team might be sick......or unavailable for some reason so no one to "man" the chat.....which was one reason I posted......to see if there might be a response along that line.

With the change to User agreement, I think it's an update.......I hope something about stores are in it......   Connecting all the stuff up that has been done and fixing the stuff that hasn't been fixed before.......like the listing page/category problems.  Perhaps more clearly defined seller protections and the processes. 

I'd guess more IS in categories that haven't gotten them yet.......perhaps more "authentication"  verticals of some kind.......  Also think they said they were going to work on Motors this year.....

lol........I "look forward" to someone finding a half baked announcement somewhere that was pushed out early in error.......perhaps we could consider the update that........but everybody be looking!!!!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply