cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, the seller is preparing to ship your order.

http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/email/eBayLogo_%23006efc_3x.pngHi, the seller is preparing to ship your order.

Tracking Number:

Tracking data usually becomes available within a few hours after the shipment.

Your order will ship to:

Estimated delivery:

Total: $
Item ID:
Seller:

eBay listened. And acted.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

That's a good thing that sellers have been asking for, for years.........

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Interesting the lack of color in the ebay logo.

While I applaud that, I can also see how it is going to cause a lot of confusion and cases when a seller prints out their shipping on Sat and ebay sends that to the buyer and then there is no tracking number posted update until Mon night that shows that the package is still sitting with the seller.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

While I applaud that, I can also see how it is going to cause a lot of confusion and cases when a seller prints out their shipping on Sat and ebay sends that to the buyer and then there is no tracking number posted update until Mon night that shows that the package is still sitting with the seller.

Couldn't be any worse than the current situation, where the buyer thinks the seller is pulling a scam when they don't see a tracking update by Monday, because they think the item was actually mailed on Saturday.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them go to a all one color blue logo (I mean look at their shipping supplies).

Let's really let go of "a successful past", right?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

Couldn't be any worse than the current situation, where the buyer thinks the seller is pulling a scam when they don't see a tracking update by Monday, because they think the item was actually mailed on Saturday.

I never post tracking numbers unless forced (don't print my shipping) and 990 times out of a 1,000, when a buyer asks for tracking, they already have the item and are just checking to see if I can prove it before they file an INR case to get that freebie.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

I get the equivalant when I order on line (not ebay/amazon).....tracking # usually doesn't show acceptance for a day or two later, so don't think it will overly confuse most buyers.......

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I never post tracking numbers unless forced (don't print my shipping) and 990 times out of a 1,000, when a buyer asks for tracking, they already have the item and are just checking to see if I can prove it before they file an INR case to get that freebie.

@retrose1

Rose, I'm sure you've seen the new "rule" that just came out in the last update......if the tracking isn't entered before the buyer receives the item,  a seller could lose a INR claim..........

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Well, it's certainly a more honest notification than the previous baldfaced lie of "your item has shipped".  Time will tell whether it adds to or subtracts from the confusion.

I have not received one of these yet; does eBay send a follow up when the item is actually shipped?   And does the shipment info in My eBay show as "shipped" or just "label created"?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

990 times out of a 1,000, when a buyer asks for tracking

A lot of sellers don't want a thousand buyers asking where the heck their package is.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

That's a good point.

Now in Purchase History, under Estimated Delivery and Tracking Number, eBay says:

(i) This item has been shipped.

exactly like before, and even though the tracking number has not yet scanned.

To add, the subject line of the eBay message, which previously was:

ORDER SHIPPED: Beanie Babies, new with tag

has now changed to:

ORDER UPDATE: Beanie Babies, new with tag

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

I always include a note when I print the shipping label (the note that is built into the shipping-label software) telling the buyer exactly when the order is going to the post office.

I don't know if buyers see that note (eBay doesn't tell us if it goes to their regular email, their eBay messages, or their sales record notes), but at least I TRY to let the buyer know.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I always send a separate email to the buyer telling them that their order and payment have been received, the method of shipping and the date it will be shipped.  I tell them that when I buy the shipping ebay will advise them and I give them a link to check USPS site for tracking which will happen later in the day shipping.

I, once in a great while, get a buyer asking for all that information that both ebay and I have provided but that is when I consider the source 😉 and just give it to them again.

I often wonder why they don't look on ebay to see when it was shipped and the tracking number...easier to just ask me?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply