cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Double Fee's/Charges

Long story short I had a customer open a case for item not received, I had already initiated a refund via Paypal and rather than them take the money directly out of my balance they done an e-check, may have been something I had set in the settings. Anyhow those take a minute to clear especially if started near a weekend. The customer nonetheless escalated the case resulting in Ebay refunding her, plus she got the refund from my e-check. I contacted customer service once I caught it on my statement. The CSR told me she could see where the buyer received 2 refunds and that to go ahead and pay my statement and I would receive a credit for the $85 since it was eBay's error that this buyer was refunded by them with a pending refund from me. 

I wait a month, no credit and with this pandemic going on you aren't able to actually call and speak with anyone. I email customer support today and am told sorry about my luck basically as it is past 60 days and the 'appeal timeframe' even though the 1st time I contacted support about this very issue was well within this time frame and they should be able to see if that CSR added notes to the situation anyhow about what she had informed me. 

I almost feel like the 1st CSR just flat out lied, didn't do anything she said and telling me to pay my bill knowing full well I would never get that money back and having me wait an additional 30 days put me past this supposed timeframe. So I don't know if someone can inform me of how I should handle this? At this point I really feel like filing a complaint with the BBB. It was their mistake, not mine yet I'm suppose to eat the $85 because of their error? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help With Double Fee's/Charges

@*sommerssecretgarden* wrote:

I had already initiated a refund via Paypal

Can you explain more precisely what you mean by "initialited a refund via paypal"? 

Did you refund the same transaction the buyer paid with, or did you just send him money?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Try this from a different direction.

Go look at your PP transaction for this buyer.  The original transaction that the buyer paid with through PP.  On that transaction in the details it will tell you if it was refunded.  PP can only do that once as it can't refund more than was paid.  Their system won't allow it.  So take a peek at that.  Do you see the original payment and then your refund via Echeck?

So if you see that, where did the second refund come from.  Was it on your Ebay statement?

This is all information you need to know and understand to properly fight this problem.

My bet would be the second refund is on your Ebay statement.

I would not stand for this 60 day thing the CSR told you.  You are likely to get quicker help by going to Ebay on Twitter or Facebook tomorrow.  Make sure you completely understand what money was taken from where and when so that you can tell them in a nutshell what happened.  It is likely to help you get a quicker and better resolution.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No I refunded the same transaction, I did not just send the buyer money. Ebay could see where a refund was pending so why they gave the buyer a refund makes no sense. I'm sure the buyer got the email about the refund from me so I don't know why they asked Ebay to step in anyhow but they got double their money back and I am on the hook for eBay's blunder. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes the original transaction shows it was refunded. Ebay gave the buyer a refund and charged me for it on my statement. That was how I caught that the buyer got 2 refunds. I called Ebay and the CSR told me to go ahead and pay the statement and I would receive a credit since the buyer was refunded by me and should not have gotten a refund from them. So when the buyer escalated it whomever took care of it, computer or csr, made the mistake. Only my credit didn't show up, I waited the 30 days as I was told to do and when I tried calling couldn't get through. I then decided to email and did receive a response and was told sorry about my luck basically which is total **bleep** because I did call about this situation well within their supposed timeframe.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@*sommerssecretgarden* wrote:
Yes the original transaction shows it was refunded. Ebay gave the buyer a refund and charged me for it on my statement. That was how I caught that the buyer got 2 refunds. I called Ebay and the CSR told me to go ahead and pay the statement and I would receive a credit since the buyer was refunded by me and should not have gotten a refund from them. So when the buyer escalated it whomever took care of it, computer or csr, made the mistake. Only my credit didn't show up, I waited the 30 days as I was told to do and when I tried calling couldn't get through. I then decided to email and did receive a response and was told sorry about my luck basically which is total **bleep** because I did call about this situation well within their supposed timeframe.

You were lucky to be able to call them, but obviously that didn't help.  I strongly suggest you take your issue to Facebook Ebay for Business.  Do you do social media?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry but I am a bit confused. So your most recent contact with eBay CS was just them telling you sorry about your luck and didn't return/credit back the $85?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply