cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have basic store,pay $21.95 per month-why does eBay still charge me 25 cents for each re-listing?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Have basic store,pay $21.95 per month-why does eBay still charge me 25 cents for each re-listing

Have you exceeded your monthly allotment of free listings?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: Have basic store,pay $21.95 per month-why does eBay still charge me 25 cents for each re-listing

No, I have 241 listings, so I cannot understand why I'm being charges 25 cents to re-list. I have called eBay 3 times and been assured that this is an error and my problem would be forwarded to proper dept. but still no credit. I have been a loyal eBayer for 14 years but now feel that the only solution will be to close my store.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have the Basic store.  The free listings are only in certain categories.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The free auction format insertions, and the 10K  bonus insertions, do have category restrictions.  But the regular 1000 free fixed price insertions should be usable in all categories. Most of the OP's listings are in the Clothing category.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4809

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.59.48 PM.png

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I agree-I have 241 fixed price listings and should be allowed 1000. That is why I don't understand eBays charging me 25 cents. Does anyone have a solution????

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Do you have any "upgrades" in your listings?

Usually when you list or re-list the item it will show the fees.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

When I list an item in 2 categories I get the 1st category free and the 2nd is 25 cents.   

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

AHA! Yes, the OP has at least one item that's listed in two categories:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172304937323?hash=item281e2cb16b:g:7vwAAOSwawpXr3pG

I can't think of any listing upgrade that would cost 25 cents.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

AHA! Yes, the OP has at least one item that's listed in two categories:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172304937323?hash=item281e2cb16b:g:7vwAAOSwawpXr3pG

I can't think of any listing upgrade that would cost 25 cents.

Also, 20 listings in Bridesmaid's Dresses, most or all of which are also listed in Women's Dresses. Also incurring the listing fee for the 2nd category. I stopped when I found these, I don't know if there are more with 2 categories.

@bshop4u2c 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I guess that explains it.    

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Not even close to monthly allotment-I have about 235 fixed-price, good until cancelled listings, all clothing and I never list in 2 categories.  Please, if anyone can find a solution to my problem, I'll be forever grateful. (Have already begun to cancel some listings as I don't have many sales anymore, and I feel I'm now operating on eBay at a loss)!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

You have many listings which are listed in two categories,  I even linked to one of them above.  Also, some of your bridesmaid dresses are listed in two categories as noted in the post above yours. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.55.22 AM.png

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Thanks to all for great answers-I checked my listings and found that I DID have several listed in 2 categories.  All have been revised. I appreciate all of your help.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

fitnesstore_69
Adventurer

When you list as a auction style also charge 0.25 fee and after your item was sell, this fee will receive.

Am I correct ? 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply