cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed the increase in ebay shipping supplies?

The ebay branded shipping supply store raised many(or all) of their prices. I`m not certain when but I thought I`d put it out there.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Seems to be, I also see a bigger discount on the bulk end...ie padded envelops 400 count vs 100/200.... 200 gets a $3 discount over 100 but 400 gets roughly $19 over 200.  Still seems to work out to the a bit more than getting them from a shipping suppler wholesaler either way.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I wish the shipping coupon would get an inflation increase.   I don't sell much, so an assortment of sizes of polymailers or smaller quantities worked well for me, but they are gone now.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Tagging - I have more than enough polys to last me a year but will have to find something to use the coupon on. Use to be that I ended up buying extra polys from another Ebay seller to get thru the quarter but not the last 2 quarters.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It may have some to do with the multi color logo that many sellers asked to come back.  It is more expensive to print multi colored logos than a single color.  So along with offering the mutli color again , by popular demand, I'm not surprised that the price had to be raised.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I did get the assortment polymailer "Starter Kit" deal once (5 sizes), but haven't seen it in a long time.  That was back in Dec 2017 and it cost $26.99. 

- Suzanne -
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I`m sure you are right. They have a right to raise their prices no matter the reason. With so many things trending upward in cost, it just has me a little concerned with what the future holds. It won`t kill me to tighten my belt up a bit again. I`ll remain thankful for what I have.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

I`m sure you are right. They have a right to raise their prices no matter the reason. With so many things trending upward in cost, it just has me a little concerned with what the future holds. It won`t kill me to tighten my belt up a bit again. I`ll remain thankful for what I have.

So True.

From my other life, when I worked outside of Ebay, multi color printing is far more expensive than same color printing.  For most of their products while the colors may vary, most have a single color used for the logo.  So I'm not sure how much my initial comment is really worth.  LOL

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@scga912 wrote:

I did get the assortment polymailer "Starter Kit" deal once (5 sizes), but haven't seen it in a long time.  That was back in Dec 2017 and it cost $26.99. 

That's it!!!   I don't need 100 of any one size, so an assortment worked out wonderfully for me.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@fern*wood 

If only you were closer, we could split our next quarter's order.  I only need some small bubble mailers, and not 100!  I'd let you have the rest of my voucher if I could.

- Suzanne -
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

How nice of you --- that would be great if it were possible.Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

A better question is why would anyone buy that overpriced stuff?

As a bonus the packaging acts as large red bullseye target that broadcasts the message "please steal me". You are a thief and have only time to steal one of two packages. Which do you go for? The plain box or the one that has eBay plastered all over it?

$41.66 for 100 6" x 4" x 4" boxes. The last time I ordered they rounded up to $.25 each and these are only for backup in case my free shipping boxes from stores run low.

$47.31 for 36 rolls of tape. The last time I ordered tape it worked out to $.34 a roll. Buying thicker tape is not going to help! Do the following test:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/How-To-Video-Using-Calculated-Shipping/m-p/27321805#M...

Go to about the 16 second mark in eBay's video about how to use calculated shipping, which is chuck full of numerous errors.

Now find two boxes of the same size. Tape the top lids with a single strip of tape down the top flap as shown in the video. Use thicker tape on one box and cheap tape on the other. Now get out a ballpoint pen and poke a single hole in this strip of tape in the gap between the two flaps. Now press down between the flaps at the point of your hole. Both the thick and thinner tape will split like a ripe watermelon. As the gap opens get a better grip on the flaps and easily open the box in a couple seconds. This is how we quickly opened boxes while picking orders at a wholesaler I worked for - in most cases it saved having to use a box cutter.

Unlike eBay's horrible video the key is to overlap your tape. You can either overlap cheap tape or eBay's overpriced tape. Do the above experiment again but properly tape the box with overlapping layers. Now the tape acts like the layers of plywood reinforcing each other.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

A better question is why would anyone buy that overpriced stuff?

I can only answer for myself.  I use the tissue paper and various sizes of the mailers.  Each quarter I spend my coupon and try not to go over but just a little.  It works well from me.  It saves me money on buying packaging stuff.  While I agree it is overpriced if you are just looking at the prices they would charge if you didn't have a coupon.  But the price after the coupon is apply is completely affordable and worth the little money I spend.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, they're definitely higher and I also think it's the multicolour printing.  I'd rather have boring blue (which apparently was the complaint) and cheaper.

Reminder: Coupons lapse on June 30 - don't forget!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

The new poly mailers (with the black Ebay logo) are tissue paper thin. The quality has dropped in the boxes as well.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply