cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Ebay Gotten Worse Or Better Since Newest CEO?

I remember how bad things got towards the end of Wenig, ebay's previous CEO before Lannone. But since Lannone seems like everything ebay does is in the wrong direction, sellers are treated in many cases far worse and with less "representation", CS has gone bad to incredibly horrid, site itself is a total mess, sales are at all time low, along with traffic. If you read up on Lannone, find he was COO of Walmart and CEO of Sam's Club (really same company) and though was with ebay in the past, doesn't seem to care about the business of marketplace and it's sellers. Knowing Walmart and Sam's has made billions upon billions patronizing China, cheap products and lame service I'm not so surprised ebay has gotten worse in many aspects since Wenig. Sure there is some good he's done in roll as CEO here, just hard to see what they are (for me).

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

sales are at all time low, along with traffic

Not for me.  Record 2020, Record 2021.

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

@shado-x wrote:

was meant in general, my sales are still pretty decent myself, but I've read countless sellers on here say theirs has gone to toilet

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

“Cut off one head, two more shall take its place… Hail Hydra!”

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@shado-x wrote:

was meant in general, my sales are still pretty decent myself, but I've read countless sellers on here say theirs has gone to toilet

Sales are always going to fluctuate for any individual seller.   But for ebay as a whole, I suspect they are still going up.   At least Wall St. thinks so as ebay hit an all time high today on the stock market.

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

You wonder if e-Bay should have delayed/put the brakes on some of the Spring Seller changes, as many areas were still heavily affected by covid, USPS shipping for some regions were an abyss....

Get that MP had to keep moving along.  But the category changes, item specific messes, CS constraints, constant glitches.....

Too much at one time.  Is there any part of e-Bay that isn't in glitch-mode overdrive?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 60
latest reply

Well, ya, you know, I must say when the pandemic hit, I had a stack of inventory, and those who did (and watched it appreciate, and furthered the cash flow) stayed on, those who didn't got crushed.  Now there are the quasi-amateurs and they get crushed anyway.  If they cannot sell, they cannot survive.  If it's beneath them to go to the bottom to get to the top, they'll stay in the middle.  They complain about fees, corporate shakeups, whatever, we've seen these complaints since 2000 during Meg Whitman (who was terrific), now their grand-kids have the same complaints, and it's a record year times 2.

I'll write my how to get rich book in a year or too.  Should be a best seller.  🗾

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Lol... but true

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

@alcoforever wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@shado-x wrote:

Sales are always going to fluctuate for any individual seller.   But for ebay as a whole, I suspect they are still going up.   At least Wall St. thinks so as ebay hit an all time high today on the stock market.

Keep Share Holders Happy, everything else is non-important(?)

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

You wonder if e-Bay should have delayed/put the brakes on some of the Spring Seller changes, as many areas were still heavily affected by covid, USPS shipping for some regions were an abyss....

Get that MP had to keep moving along.  But the category changes, item specific messes, CS constraints, constant glitches.....

Too much at one time.  Is there any part of e-Bay that isn't in glitch-mode overdrive?

Definitely understand things happened that no one could have predicted or had any control over - aside those things though, has the changes and decisions reflected a better company or has it made it worse? Idk, guess it's a hard question to weigh and answer. 

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

Absolutely worse. The amount of problems eBay has caused us this year is through the roof. 

Just to name a few of the constant headaches:

- VeRO not removing counterfeits of our own branded items and protecting Chinese counterfeiters after following all requests VeRO defined.

- Getting suspended for protecting our intellectual property via test buys for counterfeits when we were told to by VeRO before having a counterfeit listing removed. Losing listings that took months to rank, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k+ sold history gone causing a massive $200,000+ in losses this year.

- Overcharged on fees in the mid 4-figure range. eBay kicking the can down the road to reimburse for months

- Associates daily not following eBay's own written policy when contacting eBay for help with an issue

All falls back on bad management.

I truly used to love selling on this platform, now I hate it. It's sad because I started the business here first and grew it past the $1m annual level on this platform alone. Taken the time to further bolster other segments of the business.

I have numerous stories from leadership within eBay all the way up to the executive level that are horrifying. Maybe one day I'll get around to making posts about them. Too busy solving the problems eBay creates for me every day.

I see some people think larger sellers get better treatment. It's false. I argue it's worse.

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

@frugality_inc wrote:

Absolutely worse. The amount of problems eBay has caused us this year is through the roof. 

Just to name a few of the constant headaches:

- VeRO not removing counterfeits of our own branded items and protecting Chinese counterfeiters after following all requests VeRO defined.

- Getting suspended for protecting our intellectual property via test buys for counterfeits when we were told to by VeRO before having a counterfeit listing removed. Losing listings that took months to rank, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k+ sold history gone causing a massive $200,000+ in losses this year.

- Overcharged on fees in the mid 4-figure range. eBay kicking the can down the road to reimburse for months

- Associates daily not following eBay's own written policy when contacting eBay for help with an issue

All falls back on bad management.

I truly used to love selling on this platform, now I hate it. It's sad because I started the business here first and grew it past the $1m annual level on this platform alone. Taken the time to further bolster other segments of the business.

I have numerous stories from leadership within eBay all the way up to the executive level that are horrifying. Maybe one day I'll get around to making posts about them. Too busy solving the problems eBay creates for me every day.

I see some people think larger sellers get better treatment. It's false. I argue it's worse.

WOW... I'm no where's the level of seller you are, couldn't imagine how all the above has impacted you, truly sorry for all those issues and circumstances!

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

No idea.

For us, Fraud has been front and center, way UP in our grill, gnashing at every turn. 

Overall sales, fine I guess?

Item Specifics for Holiday/Seasonal are horrible.  Drunken mongeese could do better.  Media just as bad.

The site seems to be thriving.  E-Bay claims Seller counts are up, sales at all- time highs.

Seller/Buyer morale is pretty bad though.  Lots of unhappy(s).

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Just glad I've been slowly growing other segments of the business or this year would be catastrophic.

Sales down 47.1% YTD compared to this time last year >$500,000.00 in revenue poof. Blame the majority of that on the problems VeRO caused for not taking action against counterfeiters when I reported them. VeRO is a complete joke and recklessly handled IP complaints I filed for counterfeit listings that resulted in losing half of the eBay business. Executive relations just says sorry and we'll try to implement changes. Absolute disgrace.

Doesn't matter the size of the seller on eBay. 5 items a month all the way to 50,000+... We can all agree there is more issues on this platform than ever before. I am just sick and tired of the constant incompetence at eBay. I 100% blame management. How much more are we going to take? I'm fed up with it.

Don't get me wrong, there's some outstanding associates and leadership I've spoken with and have had phone calls that go into the hours just chatting about business and getting some issues resolved. I appreciate those associates of eBay and thank them for their awesomeness.

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

@frugality_inc 

Down $500k.  That is horrific.

How much fraud are you experiencing?

Posting ID Only.......
Message 15 of 60
latest reply