cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry Temkin, VP and Head of Seller Experience at eBay is Leaving The Company

Harry Temkin, VP and Head of Seller Experience at eBay is Leaving The Company.

Hello?  *W-T - bleep**"  took so long?   This platform is a dinnosaur all the sudden.     Let's change, let's actually make the marketplace the best and easiest market place.  Like it used to be.  

Can we have a kinder/ gentler seller platform now? Let's not force sellers to be Walmart retail seller strategy. Make the playing field easier for sellers AND LETS ADHERE TO SOLID BUSINESS STRATEGIES. Every business mgr has heard the most early and basic business terminolgy "let the buyer beware".    If EBay does a good job sorting the frauds, Let the buyer make an informed buying decision and buy insurance for the buyers that are scamming. The sellers end up getting reimbursed anyhow, after much pain and suffering.

EBay made allot of money on this transition.   Are they re-investing in the business process and making things easier for the customers- both buying AND selling ?   Ebay brass should be looking for ways to stream line and innovate the  entire website....    Make this a good venue to sell for all business men, both small or large company and lets bring EBay in the modern era of internet marketing.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Somehow, I doubt he'll be missed.   By the sellers at least.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Harry-Temkin-Leaving/m-p/32001687#M1780428

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I think the most helpful change eBay could easily make is to remove the "Buy it now" button from fixed price listings, leaving only "Add to cart," so that folks who buy multiple items will do that in one transaction instead of several.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

There is nothing wrong with the "Buy it Now" button. That is absolutely the LEAST of the problems on this site. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Especially as that danged cart is wonky - I don't think it even works on mobile and my buyers (quite a number of whom are repeat and know what they are doing) sometimes cite that the add to cart doesn't work.  In that case, no Buy It Now button would be a real inconvenience.  I just wish they'd fix the constant glitches on this site, but have a feeling I know why they can't.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Who?

Sorry, I don't keep up anymore. Too many folks coming and going to even try.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Me either, but apparently this >

It was great having an ear to listen directly to the sellers. He has been outstanding with that. 

from the other thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

I think the most helpful change eBay could easily make is to remove the "Buy it now" button from fixed price listings, leaving only "Add to cart," so that folks who buy multiple items will do that in one transaction instead of several.

I mentioned this here long ago and it was met with great opposition for some reason.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Harry has been a talented & dedicated member of ebay's leadership team.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

'Thought leader' and 'visionary'.  🙄

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Well now eBay could make some effort to make sure the shopping cart works properly--as it does on just about every other commercial site in the world.  It is certainly in eBay's best interest to have a reliably working cart.

With managed payments it is critically important that buyers of multiple items be able to use the cart to combine purchases into one transaction since each separate transaction gets hit with eBay's 30¢ fee on top of the FVF.  Low-priced items like sports cards, postcards, stamps, etc. simply can't be profitably sold if purchases can't be combined into one transaction.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Should Harry in fact leave, is there anyone currently within ebay being considered to assume his role of thought leader & visionary, Head of seller experience?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

"Head of Seller Experience."   LOL!    Typical office pylon who knows nothing about being an eBay seller.  Just creates idiotic ideas to save eBay money & make the selling experience MUCH WORSE!  eBay marketplace was saved by COVID for about 15 months.  Now it stinks all over again.   

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

He can now hook up with his Buddy Wenig and maybe ruin another company. I wonder if ebay will pay him 40 Million dollars for leaving.  Good Riddance!!!!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply