cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling time is back. Anyone else seeing this?

Just noticed on my recent listings that "Handling time" is again being listed in the "Shipping and handling" tab on active items. Any one else seeing this?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I've noticed a few listings that are showing the handling time again.

Happy Easter
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Mine have never gone away that I'm aware of. Even my recent purchases show it on their listings, too. Hmmm...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It never went away completely even when eBay said they were removing it, but it's always been hit or miss when it shows up and when it doesn't. I could never figure out if eBay was using an algorithm or if it was a glitch that it sometimes appeared when eBay didn't intend it.

But I have been seeing it on more than half of listings lately. I did wonder if they were phasing it back in to a formal existence.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Handling time sometimes shows sometimes don't.

There certainly are more restrictions for USA buyers seeing that. I have tested previously, but if i set my location to USA there is no handling time and when i would change my location to something else where seller ships there would be handling time.

Not sure how it works exactly, but USA has more limitations in seeing Handling time.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

If there is an extended handling time, like 15 days, they tend to show that.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

But I have been seeing it on more than half of listings lately. I did wonder if they were phasing it back in to a formal existence.

So far I've seen it on every single listing I've viewed today (roughly 15 listings, 12 different sellers).

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I have seen some listings clearly display handling time, but only those with super long handling times. The others that I have been seeing in the shipping tab are only "usually SHIPS within xx days of payment receipt" and seemingly have no impact on anything yet.  It then only results in a "tracking number provided" within the stated  time frame and no real change in the feedback eta that Ebay uses in the sellers feedback metrics for "did it arrive on time" ?   I currently have one in transit to me that said "usually ships within 1 business day of payment". It currently has a tracking number assigned on the following day ,carrier status shows preship info sent,  "awaiting shipment". Ebay eta says May 11th on order details and the leave feedback screen  on the order details asks did it arrive on time, with a May 20th eta in the feedback display of when it must arrive to meet metrics.  Another way to "game" the system on shipping? Rarely is the feedback screen eta not at least 4 or 5 days beyond the latest delivery eta calendar date ebay provide on the order detail front page.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Has been back on ours under the shipping/handling tab for a while.  Ours is 2 days and it shows.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Mine has never gone away.

It is and has been 2 days for the longest time.

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Mine has never gone away.

It is and has been 2 days for the longest time.

For the longest time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_XgQhMPeEQ 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I didn't watch the video but I will contribute this:

What one user sees is not necessarily identical to what another user sees on the site.

Many things looks different on one of my accounts...

watch list, purchase history, the photo viewer on listings etc.

So it would not surprise me to see something displayed differently in the shipping tab from one account to another.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I looked.   "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment."  is copied from one of your listings. The word "usually" is not really definitive, whereas the old ,old way clearly stated handling time with "Ships in  (xx) business days"  and to many shippers  the new term  "usually " only indicates maybe, maybe not.  With a whole lot of sellers, the latter (maybe not) has been  the most frequent result I have experienced for at least the past 5 years although a buyer will "usually"  get a tracking number within that time frame even if the carrier does not have record of a receipt scan for another week. "Will usually ship" is the most committed term that ebay is putting back on that tab so far and in my experience it has only shown up again for  the past few weeks.  Better than nothing though. In short, a buyer still has no real idea when the object will be delivered as the originally furnished eta from Ebay on the order details screen  is a 3 to 5 day window and Ebay DOES change that  both directions, earlier and later based on daily changes in carrier status while in transit.

Years ago (only about 6 years) I have purchased from Tucson, Az and used the item the following afternoon  in Tulsa, Ok. , less than 36 hours from payment after having run it through my dishwasher!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Okay, why does your storefront say this: " I offer fast service. I usually ship in 1 day, sometimes the very same day" ,  and your listings say 2 days?   Just curious.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply