cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed delivery

Can someone explain the guaranteed delivery. I ship  6 days a week, if something is bought before noon it goes out the same day.  I have had no issues with people complaining about shipping time and get good feedback on shipping time. I dont understand who pays if it is late. The way I read it its ebay but I dont think it is that easy.  I use the postal service for 95% of my shipping and 5% is fed ex.  What am I missing, Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Guaranteed delivery

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html#seller-buyer-benefits

When a seller chooses the handling time option and an item arrives late, who pays for the buyer recompense - eBay or the seller?

Sellers who choose the handling time option are required to guarantee same-day or one-day handling time, and eBay determines the delivery date. If an item arrives late even though the seller met their handling time and the package was scanned on time at the post office, eBay will refund the buyer's shipping cost or pay for their return label. If the buyer wants to keep the item and shipping was free, eBay will provide a voucher to be used toward a future eBay purchase. In all scenarios, eBay will handle customer service.

When a seller chooses the door-to-door option and an item arrives late, who pays for the buyer recompense - eBay or the seller?

Sellers who choose the door-to-door option guarantee their own delivery date based on their shipping capabilities and carriers' regional service. If an item arrives late, the seller will recompense the buyer. However, if the buyer wants to keep the item and the shipping was free, eBay will provide the buyer a voucher to be used toward a future eBay purchase. In all scenarios, eBay will handle customer service so that it does not create more work for the seller.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Guaranteed delivery

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/guaranteed-delivery.html#seller-buyer-benefits

When a seller chooses the handling time option and an item arrives late, who pays for the buyer recompense - eBay or the seller?

Sellers who choose the handling time option are required to guarantee same-day or one-day handling time, and eBay determines the delivery date. If an item arrives late even though the seller met their handling time and the package was scanned on time at the post office, eBay will refund the buyer's shipping cost or pay for their return label. If the buyer wants to keep the item and shipping was free, eBay will provide a voucher to be used toward a future eBay purchase. In all scenarios, eBay will handle customer service.

When a seller chooses the door-to-door option and an item arrives late, who pays for the buyer recompense - eBay or the seller?

Sellers who choose the door-to-door option guarantee their own delivery date based on their shipping capabilities and carriers' regional service. If an item arrives late, the seller will recompense the buyer. However, if the buyer wants to keep the item and the shipping was free, eBay will provide the buyer a voucher to be used toward a future eBay purchase. In all scenarios, eBay will handle customer service so that it does not create more work for the seller.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

We are in this program, and I call tell you... initial response is it's a CLUSTER. 

When dealing with USPS and UPS, nothing should ever be labelled guaranteed. ESPECIALLY with the Holiday's coming up and USPS being notorious for delayed packages. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

The whole idea is completely stupid. Quit trying to be like amazon! Amazon has its own delivery service so they can make guarantees all they want. And trust me even then they don't get it right as I'm a flex driver for them and there are tons of packages that end up being late. 

In our case, once we drop it off with whatever carrier we use, its out of hands! We have zero control on what happens from there. Tons of human error can occur from an employee forgetting to load it on the truck that day to it just getting lost. To punish us and drop us in our listings for not using the program and forcing us to accept returns (we are small businesses, we can't afford to eat return shipping like amazon does simply because a customer changes their mind) is just wrong.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

USPS is delivering Amazon packages on Sunday...is ebay part of that deal?
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

EBay. Stop trying to be like Amazon. You can’t. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

With the way the post office has been screwing up let alone us getting into holiday purchase you can never guarantee delivery. How do I get out of this program. I have my fist problem and I am not the one that will be giving her a refund because it was guaranteed for wed. And will be delivered today. I want out. Pist office has not even been getting priority to destination in 3 days let alone first class. I have looked in several places and I dont see it so I can click out..all these wonderful so called changes to enhance sales have been causing problems..

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

With the way the post office has been screwing up let alone us getting into holiday purchase you can never guarantee delivery. How do I get out of this program. I have my fist problem and I am not the one that will be giving her a refund because it was guaranteed for wed. And will be delivered today. I want out. Pist office has not even been getting priority to destination in 3 days let alone first class. I have looked in several places and I dont see it so I can click out

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

Hello: Just Up your handling time in your listing to Two days.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

carachelles wrote: "Hello: Just Up your handling time in your listing to Two days."

USPS often takes 6 or 7 days coast-to-coast. A seller would have to up the handling time to four days to meet eBay's 3-day guaranteed-delivery requirement and even then it's not guaranteed. It's all up to USPS.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

my first class packages are taking up to 10 days...this program makes no sense

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Guaranteed delivery

I would like someone to account for bad delivery.

Not home and package on the yard dropped and not much damage outside but the reems of paper are damaged inside. Paper is useable as is but the paper around the sheets are not fit for giving away. Torn all layers of 10 reems. this has happened two times.

not customers problem and not sellers problem so How do I get the shipper to take responsability for the package?  ???

Message 12 of 12
latest reply