cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News, eBay listened, they will not make us remove watermarks!

Just spoke to a wonderfully helpful representative today. eBay had a meeting this morning, they are listening to us sellers and will not require us to remove writing/watermark on our images! Yay, one for the sellers! Thank you eBay!

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Ummmm, and you believed a CS agent on this?   

I would not even begin to take a CS agents word on this, wait for an official announcement.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 58
latest reply

Is this posted somewhere for all to read?  If so where can it be found?

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

I suggest you bring that up in the Chat this afternoon for verification.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 58
latest reply

@jeweloftheheart wrote:

Just spoke to a wonderfully helpful representative today. eBay had a meeting this morning, they are listening to us sellers and will not require us to remove writing/watermark on our images! Yay, one for the sellers! Thank you eBay!

If true, its more likely they have no way to enforce it without someone looking at every listing.

Personally, I wont be suprised if you were lied to.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 58
latest reply

Or we could try this and see if they stop in here before the Chat.

alan@ebay

@Anonymous

brian@ebay

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 58
latest reply

I hope it is true.  I won't celebrate until it's official, but I will not work on taking new pics for now. Thanks for posting.

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

Did the rep tell you that before or after you explained to her what a watermark is?

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

I suggest that no seller should rely on what is said in Chat for official policy positions.

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

Did the rep tell you that before or after you explained to her what a watermark is?

aka Bazinga

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 10 of 58
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:
 ... I suggest that no seller should rely on what is said in Chat for official policy positions.

I agree.  They're more reliable than customer suport reps, but they are in the Community department, not the policy department, and sometimes it seems that their access to eBay information is not much better than ours.  

I won't believe it until I see it in writing in an official Announcement or a policy page.  The weekly discussions can sometimes be useful for prompting the Community staff  to dig up a written policy.

Message 11 of 58
latest reply

In a way, this doesn't surprise me.   Just as there is no bot that can read a Captcha code, there is no bot that can detect a watermark.

On the other hand, unenforceablity has never in the past stopped ebay from creating a new policy.

Message 12 of 58
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

Those in chat will probably have to refer the question to 'the team' handling that and will then, probably, get back to the questioner.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 58
latest reply

Good thing that ebay is not a communications company...NOBODY knows what the person sitting next to them knows about company policy.
ebay has outgrown itself...and not for the better
Message 14 of 58
latest reply

See post 46 in the Chat.

Message 15 of 58
latest reply