cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good until canceled insertion fees.

This question is only for people who have good until canceled sites. On my site, which is a basic site. I carry only the basic amount of 250 items. Which comes with 250 free insertion  fees. In the month of July,2018 I was charged almost $70.00 in insertion fees. I only sell maybe 4-5 items per month if that. I have called ebays customer service sereral times, asking this one question. On good unil canceled that roll over every month, how do I avoid these cronic insertion fees. First I was told to pull everything off then post everything on the first of every month. Well that did not work. I still got charged for insertion fees. Then I called ebay again, and was told to pull everything off then repost on the second of every month. That worked, until the month of July came up that have 31 days. And with it came $70.00 in insertion fees. I have asked around five customer service agents about this. And out of the five agents, none of them  have been able to answer the question correctly.  However, the last agent I talked to advised me to pull everything off on August 14,2018 then repost everything on the same day, to avoid the insertion fee problem. What do you think? This question is really only for people that have good until canceled sites. I would ask ebay customer service, but they seem to no longer answer theit phones like they used to. Call times can take up to  three to four hours now. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Good until canceled insertion fees.

I've had GTC listings for years and never experienced anything like that. They automatically renew and are deducted from my 250 listing store allowance. Maybe you're getting  glitched.

gtc renew.JPG

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How about just posting them for 30 days and relist when you have free insertions?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've had GTC listings for years and never experienced anything like that. They automatically renew and are deducted from my 250 listing store allowance. Maybe you're getting  glitched.

gtc renew.JPG

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Are you saying that all of your listings start the same day?  That seems unusual, but if so, then you just need to make sure that the 30th day (when they will roll) from the day you start the listing falls within the next month.   For example, any listings started on the 1st will be charged as two listings on a month with 31 days, so if you have no free ones remaining--you pay for the second one.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What happened with me is I was posting after I sold something and it was knocking everything out of balence. So I called ebay and woundered how I was being charged insertion fees when I was allowed 250 every month. They said, that when it rolled over , my roll over dates were not even. So this stated the problem of which day day can I post on and not get insertion fees. This thing that you are doing seems to work for you. How are you doing it with good until canceled items. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What happened with me is I was posting after I sold something and it was knocking everything out of balence. So I called ebay and woundered how I was being charged insertion fees when I was allowed 250 every month. They said, that when it rolled over , my roll over dates were not even. So this stated the problem of which day day can I post on and not get insertion fees. This thing that you are doing seems to work for you. How are you doing it with good until canceled items. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply