cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled

"To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. Listings renew automatically every 30 days"

That's eBay for we will shaft you with fees if your item sells, and we will shaft you with fees if your item does not sell and you are not watching the moment before your item does not sell.

When did ebay decide to follow the biz model of the US government? 

What a joke. This place is starting to feel like that site that some guy named Craig started. People get mouthy in messages here if they dont like what they see or the price on it, or think they are funny to waste your time to make a 50 cent offer on a $500 item through the message system when they cant make such an insult because a seller has set an auto decline to avoid such people/offers. 
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Good 'Til Cancelled

Thanks for the info but if you read the boards this discussion has been posted about 48 times now.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

The GTC policy started on March 18th, 2019.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

Yup.....and ebay flip flopped on it a time or two before making the final choice to keep it permanent. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

No, they didn't flip flop. They announced it, and haven't flip flopped even once on this.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

I read in one of these threads that GTC has been the only option for phone app users for a bit longer.Not sure, because I'm not a phone app user.  But no, they haven't flipped, or flopped on this dreadful decision, and I don't think they will, at least not for about 6 months, which, not coincidentally is six times longer than it would take to figure out that a change isn't working if they hadn't taken away my option to list for shorter durations!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

@nighthawkjimm wrote:

Yup.....and ebay flip flopped on it a time or two before making the final choice to keep it permanent. 

What?  Flip Flopped on what exactly?  The GTC policy?  Ahhh, no they didn't.  They announced it and they followed through with it.  First time out.  They have never announced this before.  Or am I misunderstanding your post and you are referring to something else.

@nighthawkjimm 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

I had listings that were renewed after the original roll out that were in the new fixed format.

I had others that expired, and were renewed after those, which gave back the 30 day option. (Which I used s always, and show up that way currently, after the roll out)

Now, all others I have are in the new format. 

My proof is in the dates when I look at my listings. There is no arguing the dates I see on my screen between the listings. They flip-flopped on it.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

Oh, and after seeing  a message/reply above, Im a PC user, not  a mobile user. So, MAYBE, the PC users were the only ones to notice a flip flop on the GTC? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

@nighthawkjimm wrote:

"To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. Listings renew automatically every 30 days"

That's eBay for we will shaft you with fees if your item sells, and we will shaft you with fees if your item does not sell and you are not watching the moment before your item does not sell.

If you could create a fee structure for eBay to use, what would it look like?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

@nighthawkjimm wrote:

I had listings that were renewed after the original roll out that were in the new fixed format.

I had others that expired, and were renewed after those, which gave back the 30 day option. (Which I used s always, and show up that way currently, after the roll out)

Now, all others I have are in the new format. 

My proof is in the dates when I look at my listings. There is no arguing the dates I see on my screen between the listings. They flip-flopped on it.

No they didn't, there is just a misunderstanding here.

On listings that were listed PRIOR to 3/18 as a 30 day [or less] FP listing, they were allowed to complete out as you originally intended them to be.  

On listings posted on or after 3/18, they would be in the GTC format due to this change.

Yes, if you had 30 day FP listings posted PRIOR to 3/18 but set up to renew a certain amount of time, if they had a renewal on or after 3/18, they would have become GTC listings.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled

GTC does not seem to be working for me in collectible art glass. I would do better and get more attention for my items in a local newspaper ad...if I still had a local newspaper. No one on eBay SEES your item unless they are specifically looking for it.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply