Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled???

???

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Good 'Til Cancelled???

Le me put it simply: Amazon. They want to be like Amazon, that's why catalogs, that's why their own payment method and so on. They are very sad, trying to be what they have never been and never will be. Just check the rank of ebay site on the internet ranking site Alexa, with up and downs, they steadily go down the drain....
Message 76 of 86
latest reply

If someone from eBay actually monitors this thread and has the sense to pass the info on to management, then please inform them of all the sellers who have been posting for the last 24 hours that HATE this new FORCED GTC POLICY.  Maybe, just maybe something could change.  (I know it is a lot to hope for).

Let's get something straight, this GTC policy is NOT for my good.  If it were then it would not be forced, there would be data to back it up, I would have been asked, and it would have been a suggestion instead of a mandate.  I have no problem with eBay changing the default option for Fixed price listings to GTC and having the 30 days option still, but that did not happen.  Shame on you eBay. 

My suggestion to the sellers is this.  Call eBay support!  FLOOD them with calls and file a complaint.  I am planning on doing this.  If others do also, perhaps they will get the point.  Perhaps they will reverse this as they did with the forced 45 day holiday return policy they tried 3 or 4 years ago. 

Don't sit idly by.  Do Something About This.   

We helped built his platform after all!    

Message 77 of 86
latest reply

I called Ebay customer service and asked to log my complaint regarding the forced "Good Till Cancelled". I would hope others will do the same.

Message 78 of 86
latest reply

I called today and after getting past the robo operator I was transferred to what I believe was a foreign call center.  After a couple of tries explaining that I wanted to lodge a complaint on the new GTC policy I was transferred to another person where I again explained my issue.  I was told this was a new policy and it would not be changed but my complaint would be forwarded so that people higher up in the company would be aware.  So, I'm assuming, like it or not this is here to stay.

Message 79 of 86
latest reply

I will try this for one month.

I sell all my stuff at a lower price to move what books I decide to sell. I do not want to go back to auctions because I was burned there too many times(.99 cent sales for a $12.00 book).

I called ebay today about this and I was not happy.

Message 80 of 86
latest reply

Did you get the same "Thanks for calling, it doesn't matter now go away" response that I received?
Message 81 of 86
latest reply

When I called I told support that I was very upset, and had to repeat that many times. Support talked around me and I insisted that I wanted my complaint logged. He typed an email, read it to me and then told me he had sent it up....

Message 82 of 86
latest reply

Sounds similar to my call. Not going to change our policy but we'll forward your complaint to..... Someone, somewhere....
Message 83 of 86
latest reply

@cephas18 wrote:

If someone from eBay actually monitors this thread and has the sense to pass the info on to management, then please inform them of all the sellers who have been posting for the last 24 hours that HATE this new FORCED GTC POLICY.  Maybe, just maybe something could change.  (I know it is a lot to hope for).

They first announced this change in February.  If you look at the topic ¨"Early Seller Update¨ which is now locked, you will see how many sellers protested.   Ebay - DID NOT LISTEN to the 100´s of sellers concerns, from many sellers that have been selling here for years, and went ahead with this change this week regardless of what we said.    I can see that some people here are just finding out but it makes not a bit a difference to Ebay.  

Message 84 of 86
latest reply

I also sell at show in 3 states. I cannot have my items on ebay and also take them to a show. So I scatter my ebay listings around my show schedules. If an item doesn't sell on ebay I then take it to a show. If it doesn't sell at the show I may put it back on ebay, but that is my choice. Also with the 30 day junk there is no incentive for buyers to purchase your item when they will now know that it may be on there forever. Plus buyers don't want to see the same old stuff all the time they want to see a sellers fresh items or they get bored and don't follow you anymore.  Bad idea Ebay. Stop taking away all the good things about your site or your sellers will begin dropping like flies.

Message 85 of 86
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  I have several  hundred Christmas ornaments for sale, that I do not want to renew at this time. 

Message 86 of 86
latest reply