Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled???

???

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Good 'Til Cancelled???

An anti-small seller and idiotic change.

Message 61 of 86
latest reply

I too would have never upgraded my store had I known.  Luckily I have maybe 2 or 3 months left.  I have stopped buying on ebay.  So their loss is going to be at least 20K per year for a long time.

Message 62 of 86
latest reply

Having said that I DON'T like it one bit. If I want to relist a 30 days fixed price I do that on my own. I control MY STORE. Key word MY. I pay for that store. Granted it is their site and they (E bay) are in it to make money. So am I. I think this is just another way for them to make more money. I don't fault them for that.  I sell collectibles mostly, so 1 of a kind type stuff, not any inventory of the same item. I often like to list for 30 days and if it does not sell I give it a rest for a bit then relist. E bay gets their money and I control My Store. If I have to start keeping track of my fixed price  listing and end the item early I think I will lose out on possible sells. Some people may wait until the last minute to purchase it, some people may forget about it and then at the last few hours get a reminder. In those cases if I have to end my listing early to prevent the relisting by E bay I lose out.  Items that are listed for not very much  ( like postcards for 3 and 4 dollars get profits eaten  up rather quickly.  This new "Good til Canceled" may work great for the person or store that sells a lot of the same thing, it may even work for the person who sells what I sell, but it does not work for me.  I have been selling for 20 years on E bay and have seen a lot of changes both good and bad. I go with the flow, but this time I think it is not in the best interest of the seller.  Am I the only one that this effects in a negative way? 

Message 63 of 86
latest reply

I am no longer renewing any products on Ebay.  Bonanza is my platform.  Forcing sellers into the "good til cancelled" realm is not cool man.  I am only 30 grand a year in sales but kiss it good bye Ebay.

Message 64 of 86
latest reply

I'm a collectible seller with different items every month.  If an item doesn't sell on ebay I take it to another platform.  I'll try this for one month and if it is too difficult or takes too much time to cancel my listings each month, I will cancel my store and just continue to sell my items on other venues.  It will be a true shame to end my 20+ year association with ebay.

Message 65 of 86
latest reply

I have been a seller for years on Ebay and this is the worst change I've seen so far. I don't want to have good til cancelled on some items as who wants to sell your winter stock in the summer? Flip flops don't sell in the winter and sweaters don't sell in the summer!!!. If you have good til cancelled then you can't rotate your stock per the season. This makes no sense and I may have to cancel my store subscription and just list when I feel like it as doing this new policy will not benefit me at all. I like fixed listings and making my own decisions as to what items I want to list and when to list and end them

Message 66 of 86
latest reply

I'm going to auctions. I added a BIN cost to an auction, and was getting charged .25 (until I caught the charge and deleted the BIN. I feel like this is no longer my store...it's eBays
Message 67 of 86
latest reply

I hear you. I just resigned my store...now I wish I went month to month.
Message 68 of 86
latest reply

@hipoint1 wrote:

I contacted eBay and according their rep they are gathering all the complains and will send to the right department., maybe they can revert this update., so if you feel that does not work for you , call them and complain.

hi point1 is right, we all need to contact eBay and complain about this. Venting on the forum will likely do nothing. Calling just might.

Message 69 of 86
latest reply

This is just Bull **bleep**... so if our free listings are used up, we have insertion fees on everything without our consent. The very reason many don't use GTC!!! There goes all the small priced items in the card collectibles category from everyone except the STORE based dealers. Inventory is going become scarcer and less affordable. Great...

Message 70 of 86
latest reply

Good to Cancel- I think Ebay is pushing people to use 7 day auctions

One way or another in 7 days you either sell the item or have to relist

Its a joke to think sellers with huge listings can be able to monitor items at 30 days leverl

Bill
Message 71 of 86
latest reply

Strike, Voices Heard, Complain,Stop Selling,Wake Ebay Up!!!! Hallmarktown
Message 72 of 86
latest reply

I just moved 1/2 of my inventory to another platform. When the rest comes off of 30 day fixed price it too will be moved and deleted from ebay. I don't like GTC and will not be forced to use it. This was the straw that broke the camels back. Goodbye ebay.

Message 73 of 86
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked for your question today (3/20/19) and it was GONE!!! HMMMMM guess "they" don't want to hear OUR complaints on this issue!!! GTC is going to cost sellers MORE money and that's what "they" WANT!!!
Message 74 of 86
latest reply

Hi, Thank you for letting me know that items would still be relisted, even after they were the only ones, and had been previously SOLD. I did not realize that Ebay would be stupid enough to relist something that was no longer available. Or that if an only item is sold it is our responsibility to literally CANCEL so it is not relisted by ebay. I'll tell you I have bought as much as I sell on Ebay. But I usually DO NOT do auctions. I look for a price that I am willing to pay for an item I am looking to purchase on BUY IT NOW because I don't like waiting around for days till auctions end, only ti find I did not win. So I look elsware for what I want. Usually AMAZON. And as a seller for many years on ebay I will be saying goodby when my store runs out. I started this selling to supplement my social security to pay my bills, but lately it is costing me more than it is worth. And the money I pay ebay for nothing in return but grief I could better use to buy food.

Message 75 of 86
latest reply