cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting folks to leave feedback

Question?, i am having issues with feedback (buyers not leaving me feedback as their seller). I remember once i got an email from eBay saying *HAY* reminder to leave your seller feedback. Wow, an it worked and i did there and then. Now i buy something off ebay daily as well as sell stuff weekly and i ALWAYS am up to date leaving feedback for my sellers but always remembered that on email i got from ebay reminding me to leave it for that one seller and that it surely worked for me. Now, i have looked everywhere for that email and i can not find it as i was going to perhaps check into using it?, or what have you. I came across Selling Mang/Seller Hub of which i believe i already have but saw a *PRO* verision also that cost's $15.99 monthly which *May* hold that auto feedback reminder message i am speaking of?. I am wondering if that feedback reminder message is avail. WITHOUT the $15.99 a month PRO verision?. If anyone knows of the answer to this question, please do share it with me?. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Getting folks to leave feedback

@konabear321 wrote:

Question?, i am having issues with feedback (buyers not leaving me feedback as their seller). I remember once i got an email from eBay saying *HAY* reminder to leave your seller feedback. Wow, an it worked and i did there and then. Now i buy something off ebay daily as well as sell stuff weekly and i ALWAYS am up to date leaving feedback for my sellers but always remembered that on email i got from ebay reminding me to leave it for that one seller and that it surely worked for me. Now, i have looked everywhere for that email and i can not find it as i was going to perhaps check into using it?, or what have you. I came across Selling Mang/Seller Hub of which i believe i already have but saw a *PRO* verision also that cost's $15.99 monthly which *May* hold that auto feedback reminder message i am speaking of?. I am wondering if that feedback reminder message is avail. WITHOUT the $15.99 a month PRO verision?. If anyone knows of the answer to this question, please do share it with me?. 

The feedback reminder is (or was anyway) sent by eBay. There is no automated option for a seller to send a reminder and it is not included in Selling Manager Pro.

You have over 3,000 feedback and high DSR numbers. I don't see any advantage to you in sending reminders to buyers. Many buyers hate to be bugged about feedback and just may leave you a neutral or negative for your trouble. Sometimes it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Occasionally I've seen negative or neutral feedback left for sellers with a comment to the effect of, "Well you wanted feedback, here it is!" They were apparently annoyed at being asked to leave it. I'm sure sometimes it just slips someone's mind, but I think there are buyers who are inclined to leave feedback and buyers who never do.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Like the other posters, I would caution you about asking for feedback.  Your numbers look great!  If buyers are going to use feedback to decide which seller to buy from, you've already got that advantage.  Feedback can be a very sensitive issue for some people. 

I have a buyer that has purchased many items from me over time and never left me a feedback.  I knew she was pleased with her purchases and my service because she would email me and tell me so.  But no feedback.  I checked her feedback profile, and she had 1500+ feedbacks from sellers, but had never left one herself---ever!

There are also buyers on ebay who have no clue that feedback is suppose to rate the transaction they had with the seller.  They have left negative and neutral feedback as product reviews, that have nothing to do with the seller.

So, as my dad use to say, don't go poking at beehives to try to get honey---you just might get stung!sunglasses

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Been at that beehive!  Not fun.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Feedback is OPTIONAL.  You won't get feedback for every transaction.  Don't pester buyers or sellers for feedback. You may lose buyers, and you may end up with feedback you don't like as a seller.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I few more positives won't even be noticeable, but how will you feel if your solicitation for feedbacks reaps a negative or a neutral?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Never beg for feedback. It may not end well.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@konabear321 wrote:

Not definitive of course but in the last month you have left 12 frrdback for buyers and received 13 feedback from buyers.

Now obviously there might be a few on either side that have just moved in to the 6 month section but still it would seem that either almost all your buyers are leaving feedback for you or you are not leaving feedback for all your buyers.

So a question for clarification......do you leave feedback for all your buyers and do you give it to them before they do or do you wait?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I also advise that sellers do not email a buyer for the purpose of reminding the buyer to leave feedback.

The best way for sellers to get more buyers to leave feedback is to act as if feedback is important.  When sellers do not leave feedback for some buyers, those buyers will begin to feel that sellers do not think it is important to leave feedback.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I have noticed in the last year more people are purchasing from me using their phones and therefore do not even consider feedback as part of the transaction.

When I check back with them to see if they're enjoying the product I always get "wonderful item thanks again I love it" but no feedback!

I think the fact that we have a generation of I want it now and that's it... is hurting the sellers of ebay in regards to feedback . If you are getting irritated over the fact that buyers couldn't be bothered with feedback just check their buying history and you'll find that they never leave feedback nor do they care to. I usually just place the buyer on my blocked bidders list and leave feedback for them saying another non-feedback buyer. They don't even check their own feedback so it's pointless to get upset. I think what needs to be done is eliminate feedback altogether unless it's a negative.

I have other ecommerce shops and feedback is not an option on those sites. I prefer selling on them as they are not as expensive as ebay and there's no hassle about leaving feedback.

Most of my buyers are millennials and younger with no thought of buying ethics so if they want something a bucks a buck and if they don't leave feedback it's cause their upbringing is lacking in the social norms (I'm betting they don't send thank you cards either).

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

With all due respect, you could get reported for leaving a buyer that feedback saying another no feedback buyer.  That's a negative comment and Ebay no longer allows buyers to get negative comments.  If you get reported, you get a violation on your account.  

And if potential buyers check your feedback left for others, they might hit the back button, so you could be losing business both through your BBL and through your comments.

Feedback is voluntary.  Leaving a negative for the buyer is as bad as the buyer who negs the seller because they didn't get feedback as soon as they paid.

Stay safe~don't leave that buyer feedback response.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@mega-ma-roo wrote:

@konabear321 wrote:

The feedback reminder is (or was anyway) sent by eBay. There is no automated option for a seller to send a reminder and it is not included in Selling Manager Pro.

You have over 3,000 feedback and high DSR numbers. I don't see any advantage to you in sending reminders to buyers. Many buyers hate to be bugged about feedback and just may leave you a neutral or negative for your trouble. Sometimes it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

This is true; Ebay sends that feedback reminder message.  I think you can opt out of it, it's under Site Preferences.  

And the popular Board saying is Don't poke the sleeping bear, for a reason.

No one likes being nagged, and feedback is voluntary.  True case:

A big red doughnut and:

HERE'S THE FEEDBACK YOU BUGGED ME FOR!

And there is another reason you don't nag for feedback.  Many buyers save negs for truly egregious behavior.  They may decide that although there was a problem with your transaction, it doesn't warrant a neutral or a neg, so they choose to leave no feedback at all.  I am very intentional when I leave feedback and when I don't, there is  good reason.  Yet I get messages, I left you positive feedback, please leave the same for me.

So I explain that when I don't leave feedback, there is a reason.  I didn't think you would want potential future buyers to know that you shipped a rare, fragile, vintage porcelain figurine in a poly mailer!

Or your item had significant undisclosed damage, and then I list it.

Apologies.  

No feedback is good feedback (another old Board saying)

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

No feedback = good feedback.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@maropino wrote:

I have noticed in the last year more people are purchasing from me using their phones and therefore do not even consider feedback as part of the transaction.

When I check back with them to see if they're enjoying the product I always get "wonderful item thanks again I love it" but no feedback!

I think the fact that we have a generation of I want it now and that's it... is hurting the sellers of ebay in regards to feedback . If you are getting irritated over the fact that buyers couldn't be bothered with feedback just check their buying history and you'll find that they never leave feedback nor do they care to. I usually just place the buyer on my blocked bidders list and leave feedback for them saying another non-feedback buyer. They don't even check their own feedback so it's pointless to get upset. I think what needs to be done is eliminate feedback altogether unless it's a negative.

I have other ecommerce shops and feedback is not an option on those sites. I prefer selling on them as they are not as expensive as ebay and there's no hassle about leaving feedback.

Most of my buyers are millennials and younger with no thought of buying ethics so if they want something a bucks a buck and if they don't leave feedback it's cause their upbringing is lacking in the social norms (I'm betting they don't send thank you cards either).

Wow, seriously? You BLOCK customers from potential repeat business simply for not leaving feedback?? You need a reality check my friend! Feedback is not only voluntary but is COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS!!

This comment blows my mind! Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 17
latest reply