in reply to 03-14-2018 02:10:42 PM
tyler@ebay

@mam98031 wrote:
tyler@ebaywrote:
@golfingaddictwrote:

If an item is estimated to be 4-7 days.

The item does not arrive in 4 days

The buyer opens a INR

the buyer asks ebay to step in after 3 days.

There is your seven days, which appears to still be part of the estimate.

The first day of the estimate, the buyer opens a claim and can get a refund from ebay on the 7th day?

Which is it?  If the item has a range for an estimate, shouldn't the clock start at the END of the estimate, not on the first day of the estimate?

Hi @golfingaddict - a buyer is able to open a Not Received request 1 calendar day after the latest estimated delivery date, not the soonest. If you have a situation where a buyer was able to open a request sooner that that please contact CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's happened.

Just a little FYI here.  I've talked about this before.  The ETA of the item disappears from the purchase record that sellers can see once the item ships.  So unless we make a note every time we make a sale, we no longer have access to that information.

Hi @mam98031 - you should be able to view the estimated delivery date in the Order Details page, even once the item has been shipped. Admittedly, it's not very easy to get to but it should still be visible! 

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

From the Weekly Chat - Estimated Delivery Times

tyler@ebay

After reading your response I went and checked the Orders detail page on items I shipped yesterday morning.  NO estimated delivery date was present.  

@Anonymous

regarding when an INR can be filed.  I respectfully disagree with your statement, there have been too many complaints about buyers openning INRs well before last estimated delivery date.  The developers may think it works that way, but there's a preponderence of evidence that it's not so.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

The only current location where I've been able to find the estimated arrival date information is going first to the "paid & shipped" order page then open the shipping labels tab. From the "shipping label" tab double click the order # link for the transaction and the estimated arrival date shows with other order details. Crazy stuff, but that's the only place I've been able to find the estimated date after shipping. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Perhaps someone should call CS and ask them where THEY find it, especially when a buyer files or calls to escalate an INR case?

Smiley Indifferent

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@dtexley3wrote:
Re: Estimated Delivery Times
in reply to 03-14-2018 02:10:42 PM
tyler@ebay

Hi @golfingaddict - a buyer is able to open a Not Received request 1 calendar day after the latest estimated delivery date, not the soonest. If you have a situation where a buyer was able to open a request sooner that that please contact CS so they can help get to the bottom of what's happened.

Does the estimated delivery date take into consideration things like blizzards, natural disasters,  coast to coast travel or if a package is sent say first class it is 2-3 days no matter the weather or destination?   How can ebay expect sellers to guarantee delivery once the package is in the hands of the post office.  Ridiculous Policy. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

tyler@ebay

After reading your response I went and checked the Orders detail page on items I shipped yesterday morning.  NO estimated delivery date was present.  

@Anonymous

regarding when an INR can be filed.  I respectfully disagree with your statement, there have been too many complaints about buyers openning INRs well before last estimated delivery date.  The developers may think it works that way, but there's a preponderence of evidence that it's not so.

Hi @dtexley3 - that sounds unusual. You should be able to click on an item in your Sold section and choose 'View Order Details' from the top of the item page, which would display the estimated delivery date. Screenshot attached!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

That's why so many people now have a handling time of 3 or 5 days or more. People still think that it is a promise, and expect it delivered a lot faster than it will actually arrive. Increasing your handling time is about the only thing you can do. I have a 3 day handling time and items arrive in 2-4 days and people are thrilled about this. It works.  Don't trust the venue with their "that shouldn't have happened" or "should be able to...."  It's YOU who catches it when a buyer goes nuts about the things Ebay is promising them and the venue could care less.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay  I don't know what site your using to get that screen shot, but my page doesn't have any fancy smancy blue box with a delivery date or an additional actions widget.  grin

Maybe there are different versions of the seller hub order detail pages for different users?

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

aha, I was looking at the order RECORD. I never click into an item from the orders page, I only use the order record page.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebaywrote:

@dtexley3wrote:

tyler@ebay

@Anonymous

Hi @dtexley3 - that sounds unusual. You should be able to click on an item in your Sold section and choose 'View Order Details' from the top of the item page, which would display the estimated delivery date. Screenshot attached!

Tyler you are correct the Estimated Delivery date is viewable on the Order Details page, but for only a limited time. Once a package has been delivered the original Estimated Delivery date that eBay promised the buyer on the seller's behalf and that the seller did have access to goes POOF and disappears. It is replaced with the statement of "Delivered Wednesday Mar 7, 2018" eBay  Order details(4).png

So if a buyer takes issues with the date that a package was delivered the seller no longer has acces to that original stated Estimated Delivery date. This effectively renders the seller blind and defensless should a dispute arise after a delivery has been made, especially where eBay's new Guareenteed Delivery program is concerned. I do not think that it is unreasonable for me to ask that the Estimated Delivery date promised by eBay to my customer on my behalf to be permanently affixed to either the Seller Hub Orders Page or made apart of the official Sales Record which is also accesible directly from the Seller Hub Orders Page.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@go-bad-chicken Is 100% correct here. I've complained about this exact flaw in eBay's system for literally years now. Nothing has changed and many times ebay just plays dumb. That estimate disappears when the item gets scanned as delivered. I guess it's one of those "not enough people complain about it" issues that ends up not getting addressed. The screenshot tyler@ebay gave clearly has not scanned as delivered yet. It's only 3/15 and the ETA shown there is 3/21. No way it could have been delivered by now.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Another big issue I've had for awhile now. Why is it when I choose "standard shipping" which is shown as 1-5 business days delivery in eBay shipping section, with a 1 business day handling time, that eBay spits out an ETA of 4 business days for coast to coast shipping??

Shouldn't it be the maximum delivery estimate (5 bus days) plus the handling time (1 bus day) which totals 6 business days?

Pretty much all of my listings have the standard shipping with 1 day handling. Today is Friday and when I look at my listing and input a New York zip code (since I'm in Calif), the ETA shown is Thursday (4 bus days). This really upsets the buyers when the carrier takes 4 or 5 days to deliver cross country. They end up accusing me of misleading them.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@go-bad-chickenwrote:

tyler@ebaywrote:

@dtexley3wrote:

tyler@ebay

@Anonymous

Tyler you are correct the Estimated Delivery date is viewable on the Order Details page, but for only a limited time. Once a package has been delivered the original Estimated Delivery date that eBay promised the buyer on the seller's behalf and that the seller did have access to goes POOF and disappears. It is replaced with the statement of "Delivered Wednesday Mar 7, 2018" eBay  Order details(4).png

So if a buyer takes issues with the date that a package was delivered the seller no longer has acces to that original stated Estimated Delivery date. This effectively renders the seller blind and defensless should a dispute arise after a delivery has been made, especially where eBay's new Guareenteed Delivery program is concerned. I do not think that it is unreasonable for me to ask that the Estimated Delivery date promised by eBay to my customer on my behalf to be permanently affixed to either the Seller Hub Orders Page or made apart of the official Sales Record which is also accesible directly from the Seller Hub Orders Page.

@go-bad-chicken, yep -- that is exactly what mine shows.  Delivered ON ... no "expected delivery date" shows up any longer on any of my SOLD items.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@dtexley3wrote:

aha, I was looking at the order RECORD. I never click into an item from the orders page, I only use the order record page.

I was going to post that until I scrolled down and saw that you caught it.

tyler@ebay Seller Hub has a link to "view record" but there is no link to the "order details" page. One has to click on the actual listing and pull the link from the top of that page. For a variation listing they have to go into the sold link and pull the link from the list of recent salse. It's far too much work. Seller Hub should add the order details link. And as others have shown, the estimated delivery date goes away once an item is marked delivered. We should be able to retain that data even after delivery so we can view it if a buyer is complaining about delivery time after an item has been delivered. Seller Hub Orders page shows columns for date sold & date shipped. Is it that hard to add a column for Estimated Delivery Date?

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

How likely could it be that this would be intentional?

Message 15 of 20
latest reply