cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Extra listings

Hi fellow eBayers, wondering if it's just me or are others not getting the "free 100,or 200 or...listings" offer. It's been a month since my last one. Using just the regular 50 free offered now. Have given them so much money in fees, just hate paying the extra 35 cents to list now. This is just a hobby for me but dang, miss listing stuff! If I don't list & sell, they don't get their fees. Thanks for any insight!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Free Extra listings

Ebay runs these promotions from time to time, but it isn't something they have to do.  And when they run a promotion you may or may not get invited to it.  Not all sellers are invited to all promotions.  Plus Ebay also may be running a few different promotions at any one time.  But again, they my not have invited you at this time.

I too am in a dry spell for promos as I'm sure many other sellers are.  Hopefully Ebay will have one soon, but we can only wait to see when that might be.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Ebay runs these promotions from time to time, but it isn't something they have to do.  And when they run a promotion you may or may not get invited to it.  Not all sellers are invited to all promotions.  Plus Ebay also may be running a few different promotions at any one time.  But again, they my not have invited you at this time.

I too am in a dry spell for promos as I'm sure many other sellers are.  Hopefully Ebay will have one soon, but we can only wait to see when that might be.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Sorry you haven't been getting these promotions.  Hopefully that will change soon!  I read about one in the last few days, so some have received them.  However it was in response to someone else stating they had not received them.

Just the way things go.  Again, sorry!  Good luck.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Wife's account just got one  starting Feb 14.

My selling accounts did not get the offer.

For me it is also hobby selling.  50 is plenty for a hobby:)

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

EDIT:  duplicate post. had warning said try again later. I did, and posted twice:)

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You are such a sweetie, have read many of your posts. Love your extra personal note at the end of your messages. So appreciate your taking the time to respond to so many of us. You've helped so many but guessing most don't take the time to say thanks.  Thank you & God bless.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have found this to be the case and I have hundreds of items to list but like you, only list the 50 free.

If they choose not to offer me these promotions then they will lose out on those absurd fee's they are charging.

I am very close to closing up shop, the fee's are outrageous and the sales are problematic.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Per the  View expired offers link in the Promotional Offers box eBay has issued free  us free listing promos over adn above teh monthly allocations of 50 each month  since  Nov. 2018.  Have received  one every month since Nov , latest received was  Feb. 14.

There have been times when we only receive the  50 monthly free allocation.   eBay sends free promos  out by  invitations only, a.k.a.  Luck of the draw = Some days a diamond, some days just a chunk of coal. 

Won't complain, see when  we first started selling in 2010,  paid for each and every listing, auction listing increased in price based on the starting bid price  and with one picture free - additional pic was 10 cents each.  Plus very few  "free listing promos" were issued - mostly around the Thanksgiving/Christmas. Holidays.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Yes it's snoozer .com when they don't bombard us with promotions.  The whole no promotion for buyers or sellers anymore has been a total 2019 buzzkill 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Had to  look up the  def. of "buzzkill".  Got a chuckle or two out of the Urban Dictionary's  definition.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I used what free listing, I could but none offered this month. I suspect that Ebay used as lure to have sellers list and then to charge more when we used up free. I  used Ebay for extra income but refuse to use GTC. my sales are down over 70%. Anyone else have same ideas as me? Ebay offered me % off electronics which I do no sell, so no good. will only use my 50 items going forward if this is the case. Ebay does not value it small sellers. looking  for other venues. I am putting my best items in my local mall booth. Sales there are good, but miss old Ebay.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

eBay sends free promos  out by  invitations only, a.k.a.  Luck of the draw .

I don't believe that luck of the draw is true.  I think most promotions for the past 18 months have been targeted based on what you sell and how much you sell as well as whether you have a store or not.   I also think that whether you use promoted listings will be a basis on whether you will receive future promotions.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@sidgotiques wrote:

I used what free listing, I could but none offered this month. I suspect that Ebay used as lure to have sellers list and then to charge more when we used up free. I  used Ebay for extra income but refuse to use GTC. my sales are down over 70%. Anyone else have same ideas as me? Ebay offered me % off electronics which I do no sell, so no good. will only use my 50 items going forward if this is the case. Ebay does not value it small sellers. looking  for other venues. I am putting my best items in my local mall booth. Sales there are good, but miss old Ebay.

@sidgotiques 

You are making assumptions that aren't correct.  Sellers such as yourself that do not have a Store will receive 50 free listings per month.  If you want to run more listings beyond that, you just need to pay a listing fee.  Ebay doesn't have to offer any seller any free listings.  It is a nice thing that they do and they offer additional ones from time to time.  But it isn't a guarantee.

If you find the need to run more listings beyond your free allotment, do so.  If the 35 cent fee is cost preventative, then just increase the price of what you are selling enough to cover the fee.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I also am a small time seller for fun and entertainment . call it a hobby, but with so many fees and fees now on shipping, this is getting ridiculously greedy on ebays part.  I like to start as many items as I can at .99-1.99 for collectables and antiques to give everybody the chance to win. now, im just losing money on my auctions. ebay, give the little guys a break.  ill just stop listing. b

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@bradhardware wrote: ... with so many fees and fees now on shipping, this is getting ridiculously greedy ...

eBah has been charging  final value fee based on the buyer's total payment including shipping since 2011.  And the FVF rate for Collectibles has been 10% since 2013.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply