cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent VeRO complaints

There is a seller who make fraudulent complaints to have the stores of other sellers closed. This seller claims he sells original copyrighted compatible GPS maps on microsd cards. He made a complaint on me last year and had my items removed. Could not file any counter-notice since he was in russia. 2 weeks after, ebay sends me a message to tell me that after legal team have reviewed the complaint, they reinstated my items and erased the complaint from my record.

During my suspension, I was curious and asked my wife to order one of his product. It came in as a pirated copy of genuine Garmin material. So on top of making bogus complaints, he does himself sell copyrighted material. And ebay stands there, doing nothing. He recently made another complaint against me and my items were once again wrongly removed. This time, it seems that ebay refuses to help. They keep sending stupid messages telling me they know how frustrating it is. I just cannot believe that this guy is doing that and not being questionned by ebay. There must be something to do? I did report this buyer to Garmin company with pictures of the product I received. But I need to fight that and restore my listings and reputation.

Richard

Samuturbu

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That company isn't on the VeRO list. Did you report them to copyright@garmin.com ? 

I'm not sure what you can do through eBay, other than work to get them NARU'd. It looks like they are claiming they are designing the maps using open source materials, but you are saying they are just selling bootlegged Garmin software. 

I'd say look into suing them, but they are in Russia.

Unbelievable what some people will do. They only have around 50 sales.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Count me in for your complaint against  an UNLAWFUL Russian company, RESTRICTRING trade on eBay in the United States.

My listing have also been removed by eBay on VeRO complaints

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, they ARE on eBay's VeRO list

But then, ANYONE can get on that list

eBay does NOT have a thorough process before adding

Maybe the solution is for MANY of us to file VeRO complaints against them tp take down their listings

As well as OTHER RUSSIAN SELLERS selling their Carmix-GPS product

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oops...I found them on the VeRO list. 

They are listed under US Companies. Maybe you can sue them. I would consult an attorney. Unfortunately, eBay takes a hands off approach to VeRO.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hello,

yes, they are on the VERO

But this guy himself sells pirated garmin map cards. I did report him to the Garmin VeRO page but will they do something? I also reported this seller to ebay as selling copyrighted material but ebay just stands there and keep on telling me to contact them. Of course they will not answer.

But last year, after a complaint, ebay "legal team" went to the conclusion that I was not in fault, reinstated my listings and remove the complaint. I am asking myself "what did happend last year that is not happening this year"?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Carmix-GPS is a fraud!
He sells bootleg Garmin software, then files fraudulent infringemnt claims against competitors.
VeRO knows about him. They call him a "prolific" filer, but won't take any action.
Hey, Horitonov Sergey - you're a thief and a liar!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@corpdec wrote:

Unfortunately, they ARE on eBay's VeRO list

But then, ANYONE can get on that list

Incidentally, you do not need to be on the VERO list to be a member of VERO. Being listed is an option you can select.

I am a VERO member and you will not see me anywhere on that list, nor will you see the people I represent.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply