cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Pete's Sake! Can't Use The Word "Cookie" In Item Description When Listing A Cookie Jar!?

I'm trying to list a cookie jar and keep getting the following error message :

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Item description - Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

I'm listing an actual COOKIE JAR!

I was able to leave this non-allowable word in the title, but had to remove it from the entire description.

Sheesh!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For Pete's Sake! Can't Use The Word "Cookie" In Item Description When Listing A Cookie Jar!?

You can't start a sentence with Cookie if you have a sentence before it.

It's reading .cookie

You can say... The cookie jar

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Probably just another one of the countless glitches on this site.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

It's reading .cookie

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I looked at your listing and you have the word cookie written twice in the description.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Wow!  That is even more insane than not being able to list a pair of Nike Air Jordan Sneakers as Nike Air Jordan Sneakers unless you remove Nike from the title.

Whoever is responsible for these buggy filters needs fired (preferably out of a cannon), since they can't seem to be able to competently perform what should be a simple elementary task.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

AI is supposed to stand for artificial intelligence. On eBay it stands for artificial idiocy.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@catzrule7wrote:

• Item description - Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

I was able to leave this non-allowable word in the title, but had to remove it from the entire description.

Sheesh!

Try a different browser.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Artificial Intelligence is only as good as the Real Intelligence behind it.

That said, "Tide Pods are bad for you, m'kay?"  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

It's interesting that both terms are also computer related terms, a cookie you know, and a .jar is a file extension used with Java applications.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@lintbrush*wrote:

It's reading .cookie

It thinks it's reading Javascript.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

There are thousands of listings for cookie jars.  Double-check the spacing around your punctuation.  Make sure that each period has a space after it and no space before it. Likewise, around parentheses you want a space before open paren and after close.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@newnewnewmannwrote:

It's interesting that both terms are also computer related terms, a cookie you know, and a .jar is a file extension used with Java applications.

I don't think that was coincidence though.  Just another example of why you don't let the nerds do the naming.  I'm looking at you GIMP.  😄

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@catzrule7wrote:

Sheesh!

You need to keep the period out, before the word Cookie. The system is reading the text as Java.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@lintbrush*wrote:

It's reading .cookie

That's exactly it. There are 2 places in the listing where it looks like the OP would have run into that issue and was able to list by eliminating the word Cookie. (They wrote company. Jar and box. JarThe alternative would be to do what you wrote above and say The cookie jar.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Thanks @lintbrush*

That was the solution!  Being former IT, I should have figured that out.  By adding "The" before "cookie" I was able to add it back into the description.

Appreciate your help with this "glich".

Message 15 of 28
latest reply