cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First image on ebay is really small. Bug in developer console.

The first image of any listing (not just mine) is appearing very blurred. The error in the console says that width is undefined. Please fix it as i have a majority of auctions ending this weekend and it throws buyers off when they can't see a clear first photo, especially since the condition matters a lot for what i am selling. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: First image on ebay is really small. Bug in developer console.

When I hover on the first image, it enlarges. When I click on it, it's small. The rest of the images enlarge as normal. This is using Firefox and Chrome. Everyone's images seem to be affected.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

I respect that this problem is happening for some members.  But not everyone is experiencing the same thing.  Clearly it appears there is some issue going on that is affecting some members and not others.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I too have noticed same issue with main image being smaller than others in same listing. I have other images in same listing, and all other images are correct size when opening, its just the main image.  This is been recent bug or update with eBay.  I have been listing for years, no issues, however lately, when listing multiple listing, having issues with adding images to listings or option to add images not showing at all.  Just got off with eBay support, not surprised that totally useless even trying explain issues!  I am doing nothing different than have been doing for years, its just the main image, hovering works, but the main image, shows much smaller on monitor than the other images in same listing, did a test, added same main image into listing, to 3rd image, and showing correctly!  I did test with other sites and sellers selling sportscards, and all the same main image smaller on monitor than other images that others uploaded.  You may not notice the difference using mobile device but PC monitor I do!  This is NOT am image issue, this is a bug with eBay, if all of us are doing the same thing we have been doing for years, no issues with main image, and all the sudden, main image issues, am guessing eBay and not us!  Again did a test, with upload exact same image as main image to 3rd image on my listing, and its showing correctly.  Reaching out to eBay support, totally useless!  😞

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I too have noticed same issue with main image being smaller than others in same listing. I have other images in same listing, and all other images are correct size when opening, its just the main image.  This is been recent bug or update with eBay.  I have been listing for years, no issues, however lately, when listing multiple listing, having issues with adding images to listings or option to add images not showing at all.  Just got off with eBay support, not surprised that totally useless even trying explain issues!  I am doing nothing different than have been doing for years, its just the main image, hovering works, but the main image, shows much smaller on monitor than the other images in same listing, did a test, added same main image into listing, to 3rd image, and showing correctly!  I did test with other sites and sellers selling sportscards, and all the same main image smaller on monitor than other images that others uploaded.  You may not notice the difference using mobile device but PC monitor I do!  This is NOT am image issue, this is a bug with eBay, if all of us are doing the same thing we have been doing for years, no issues with main image, and all the sudden, main image issues, am guessing eBay and not us!  Again did a test, with upload exact same image as main image to 3rd image on my listing, and its showing correctly.  Reaching out to eBay support, totally useless!   i01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@canuckcardz63 

I am having the same issue.  You may want to check out the discussion on the Technical Issues board here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Unable-to-see-full-resolution-of-my-images... 

We have an eBay Community staff member interacting in the discussion and he was able to see the issue we are all referring to.  

Here is a little tip to help show and explain the issue that worked for me when contacting customer service:

Repeat your test.  Revise your listing to add the same photo that is currently uploaded into the main photo slot into the second photo slot.  Save your revision and copy the item number of the listing.

When you have the customer service rep on the line ask them to please go to the listing by providing them with the item number.  Then walk them through clicking, not hovering, on your photo so that they can see the issue themselves.   It seems the confusion may be happening because the hover to enlarge is functioning, however, it is the click to enlarge where the issue can be seen.  

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Thanks much!  I just did simple test with one of my listings, removed all images, then uploaded all images same way have done every time in past, the main image when clicked on, still showing smaller than all the other images, and I tested by moving one of the other images in the listing to the main image an of course once again, main image display is smaller than all the others so its obvious, its not the image itself, its the main image size not being displayed like all others.  Not noticeable when using mobile device as I can see, just when using PC display.  Just a quick note, am tech support/desktop support admin, and pretty good at troubleshooting, this isnt a end-user issue, this is a bug with eBay, moving all the images around all but the main image shows fine, the main image is the issue, will get it figured out, but, very annoying when eBay support stated its the size of my image, which we both know, is incorrect!  I have been in contact with eBay support but they just dont seem to understand or want to!  Work in progress am afraid my work around is, uploading the main image to different upload slot, so at least they can see the main image in same size as all the others. 

The test I did was with this listing 175661455504

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@canuckcardz63 

I looked at your listing and I think you are utilizing the only workaround there is right now.  I am planning on doing the same with some of my listings.

I see now that you are in Canada.  I have seen this issue being reported by US, UK, and now CA sellers.  It is a big problem, that is for sure.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@canuckcardz63 

I am having the same issue.  You may want to check out the discussion on the Technical Issues board here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Unable-to-see-full-resolution-of-my-images... 

We have an eBay Community staff member interacting in the discussion and he was able to see the issue we are all referring to.  

Here is a little tip to help show and explain the issue that worked for me when contacting customer service:

Repeat your test.  Revise your listing to add the same photo that is currently uploaded into the main photo slot into the second photo slot.  Save your revision and copy the item number of the listing.

When you have the customer service rep on the line ask them to please go to the listing by providing them with the item number.  Then walk them through clicking, not hovering, on your photo so that they can see the issue themselves.   It seems the confusion may be happening because the hover to enlarge is functioning, however, it is the click to enlarge where the issue can be seen.  

Thank you.  I suggested moving to the Tech Board earlier in the thread and it was very well received.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I let CS know and they cut this ticket: SR 1-462382568762

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@seahawk08 wrote:

I let CS know and they cut this ticket: SR 1-462382568762

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Just so everyone knows.  The more people that report the problem the faster it is likely to get fixed.  And when you report it, refer to the ticket number above in @seahawk08 post.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Exactly right. I work at Amazon. One report= one-off.  Numerous reports= prioritized tech investigation.

Just get on automated chat, select contact agent, wait 1 min and then describe the issue and reference the above ticket, threads on here and the impact to your sales (or purchases). 😉

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I just reported the problem through ebay's facebook page and received the following response from a rep.  "We've gone ahead and added you to a tech ticket. I did speak with someone else last week about this same issue and I could replicate it on my end as well, so we are making our IT team aware that it's affecting multiple users. Thank you for your time today."

As others have said, probably the more reports they receive the faster attention it will get. I started noticing it on 04/17/23 and kept waiting thinking it would get fixed, but clearly it hasn't. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply