cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Photo of Each Listing = Low Quality

Hi all - noticed in the last week or so when listing that the first photo in each of my listing is uploading at significantly lower quality than all of the rest of the listing photos. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or know of a potential fix? It's so strange. All of the other photos upload great quality except for the cover shot. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Same here. At first I thought it was me but then I looked at other auctions on eBay  all of them have issues with the first image. the main image is about 22 KB instead of at least 60. I spoke to eBay and they were surprised to hear this . I think the issue just started happening and they are not really quick to address it

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I haven't noticed this - the photo editor gives me a pain because changes aren't consistently saved. - especially rotation, generally need to do it all twice to get it to stick.   

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It took a while to notice because for me when you just move your mouse over the photo on the desktop version it is able to “zoom” as it scrolls over, but when you click on the photo itself the first one appears dramatically smaller than the ones that follow. Strange! 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I just checked mine: Same thing. The first picture won't expand, but the rest will. This place is really a mess this week.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have noticed the same. extremely annoying as the first photo is normally from the best viewing angle for the item

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yep, definetely a defect. I don't see any product or tech reason why this would be. It's a critical image that you need bigger than 60kb.

Not sure how to report a defect other than waiting for a agent via chat. But I feel like they don't pass along any bugs people find.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I let CS know and they cut this ticket: SR 1-462382568762

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply