cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback section contradictions

E-bay feedback section: You are eligible for 5 feedback revision requests per 1,000 feedback received in the past 12 months.

So if you are just a little home seller like me, you are SOL for revisions. I get 17-36 a month. How is fair to ALL sellers?
---------------------------------------------------
How much sense does this make?
E-Bay feedback sections says: Scroll down to the All received Feedback section and set the toggle to either Visible to everyone or Hide comments. When I try to make my feedback visible it says:

You are unable to change your comments visibility because you have active listings. Really? 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Feedback section contradictions

@cricketbull2009 wrote:

My revision was denied because it doesn't fall under a threat, harassment, bad address or not as described categories they base their decision on. Yet.. Feedback Policy says "not at fault" too. I was found not at fault for a USPS lost package. I don't deserve what feedback the buyer left. 

So you did not send a revision request to the buyer. You requested FB removal from eBay. Two totally different things.

Sounds like eBay covered the loss as a courtesy. Read up on eBay policy here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/help-buyer-item-didnt-receive?id=4116

Sellers are responsible for refunding when tracking does not confirm delivery. As of July 9th, most packages through USPS are insured so if a package is lost you can file a claim with USPS to recover that refund you send to the buyer.

If there was tracking confirming delivery that neg would have been removed. So consider yourself lucky eBay covered the refund as a courtesy when you were responsible for that refund according to eBay policy and seller performance standards.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

OK, apples & oranges. 

Two different types of "revision request".

Possibly the buyer was confused about the "report you" thing.  Did you suggest that they "open an INR, and they got confused"? 

Seems that your buyer may not understand the whole process. Explaining how it works, and then asking if they are open to revising the feedback could still be a possibility.

The feedback that the buyer left could easily fall into a "gray area" as to eBay removal. Buyer indicated displeasure with seller actions. eBay cannot determine from what was written if it was, or was not just buyer confusion.

"Not at fault" for the lost package, but that does not end "fault" if the buyer does not understand the process.

If your 5 messages to the buyer did not clarify how things work, then .......................  move on is likely all that is left to do 😁

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Last yr., I received a letter from my buyer concerning his DVD that had not arrived. I checked the tracking, then notified him his movie was in his town and marked to be delivered. Three days later, I received a letter again stating the package had not arrived. I checked and learned it had been sent to a nearby city. I contacted the Post Office, also sending him a copy and the matter was resolved, or so I thought; he gave me a neg. I contacted him and explained that his mark was against me. He immediately agreed to a revision that included my efforts were excellent.

My point is, some folks obviously need to be educated concerning  their displeasure and to whom it should be directed; my buyer was an example.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I'm a seller. No, it is automatically set to private and I want to make it public. I tried to switch it over to public but it says it can't make visible when I still have active listing. I want the public to see my feedback. 

It is a page defect or whatever they call it? 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

If you are referring to this ID, I can see your feedback just fine.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 wrote: ...it is automatically set to private and I want to make it public. I tried to switch it over to public but it says it can't make visible when I still have active listing ... 

Your feedback is not set to private. We all can see all of your feedback including the neg you received and your reply to it. I think you must be looking at it backwards; you cannot hide your feedback (i.e., make it private) when you have active listings.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Pretty sure you have it backwards and @wastingtime101 informed you correctly.

Sellers can't make their feedback private while they have active listings.

Your feedback is visible.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Yah.. If you have 1000 feedbacks in 12 months. I'm a home seller not a factory or out of country seller of factory made items.

I did try for 4 days to appeal to the buyer and got nothing but silence.. So I did try.

I practice good selling ethics and 99.5 % of my buyers agree. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@cricketbull2009 

A feedback revision is something you send the buyer after you have made it right with them. As a seller with less than 1000 transactions in a year, you only have five of these revisions to send. A seller with 2000 transactions in that year would have 10 revisions to send out. 

It sounds like you contacted eBay to remove the feedback and we’re denied. There is no limit to the number of times you can ask eBay to remove negative feedback. 

If a buyer is left to fend for themselves, it’s not likely they will revise their rating. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Then just let the 0.5% of your buyers who don't agree go, and move on from this.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply