cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback revision requests

I received my first negative feedback. I spoke with the buyer and he agreed to revise feedback as we resolved the communication issues.

I sent a feedback revision request and unfortunately it expired before he was able to reply. We have since communicated and he asked me to send it again.  I am being told by customer support I can not resend another request. I am extremely upset and looking for a solution to getting this feeback removed.

I don't see anywhere in writing that says a duplicate isn't allowed. It only says 5 per 1000 comments.

Can anyone help with this ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay reps have a bad habit of lying to you to get you off the phone. Double , triple ,quadruple your efforts because they will not tell you the truth. Go thru multiple reps and you will get multiple answers....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay only permits one per sale. After it expires there is nothing more you can do. Evven if the messages clearly state that the buyer wants to revise. I disagree with this EBay policy, but unfortunately there is nothing they will do.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for the follow up. Had it been clearly spelled out, I would have been careful to make sure the seller was available and able to respond before I sent it to him.

Have a good day.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

eBay reps have a bad habit of lying to you to get you off the phone. Double , triple ,quadruple your efforts because they will not tell you the truth. Go thru multiple reps and you will get multiple answers....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The hard part is finding someone to answer the phone in the United States

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

We had a case like this very recently. We had a first time buyer who made a mistake and left a negative feedback. Through correspondences through the EBay message system they asked us to advise them on how to remove their feedback.

I explained how and sent them a feedback revision form. Unfortunately they went out of town and by the time they returned the revision form had expired. I called EBay, USA rep and had them look at the messages to clearly see how the buyer wanted to revise. Jumped through all the hoops, many hours on the phone with EBay reps. It is what it is...we were going to be stuck with it.

The buyer messaged me again, asked for another feedback revision form and I explained all of this to her. She then called EBay herself and surprisingly after two hours on the phone was able to get it removed.  I doubt that most buyers would go above and beyond like that and I am very grateful she did, but is was actually removed.

Most casual buyers are not on EBay often, the feedback revision forms should be available and active for 30 days, in my opinion

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

My buyer has offered to call EBay. I agree that 10 days is too short of time. I don't understand the logic of not allowing to resend the request.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This is exactly what I am talking about eBay says no no no and then ok after you spend hours and hours on the phone with them.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

How do you get a hold of a USA rep ? I only get India.

The 10 day rule is almost as ridiculous as not being able to resend it. Why should it matter ? My customer has offered to call them on my behalf. We shall see what happens.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

That would be the only chance, if the buyer calls. I was told by ebay that it would not matter but my buyer was able to get it done. Hopefully yours will as well. 

Ebay CSRs said that ebay limits the window since they do not want sellers pestering or threatening buyers...so they think that sellers would even do that, but I guess some have.

Anyway, I am glad for you that your buyer seems willing to do that for you and I hope they are successful in doing that

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Call at night...best way to reach a USA Rep

Message 11 of 11
latest reply