cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI. New International Shipping Program, its another fiasco.

Had a buyer from UK, that after they accepted my offer, they were not able to pay. Buyer was kind enough, to let me know about the issue.

On the first time that they accepted the offer, I cancel and post it the item again. Same buyer bought item for the second time, and was not able to pay again. At the end, buyer decided to use a freight forwarding company.

If you are having issue with international buyers, not paying after they accepted a offer. They are not paying, because they can't make the payment. I hope that this helps some one.

Great Day. And to the people that served in the arm forces. Thank you for your service.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

@joseh1445   hmmm, I am not aware of a 'new' international shipping service from ebay. I've been using ebay int'l standard delivery for years without issue. What is the name of the service you refer to?

and yes, Thank you for everyone serving and who has served in our military.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

@stuff4divas 

eBay is replacing the "GPS" or Global Shipping Program, for the new program.  This just went into effect couple of weeks ago, and as ebay does every thing now, its another program not fully tested, and not every one is yet enroll.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Your listings are still showing that you use the global shipping program, not the new international program.  For some reason, some of your sold listings are not showing that you ship to the UK so there was no shipping cost listed.  That is why they couldn't pay. They do have prices for other locations via the gsp but not the UK.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@joseh1445   hmmm, I am not aware of a 'new' international shipping service from ebay. I've been using ebay int'l standard delivery for years without issue. What is the name of the service you refer to? 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/help/eBay/td-p/33232263

eBay International Shipping began in September.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

@stuff4divas 

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.  I like the Global Shipping Program, as it simplifies a lot of things and this is the main reason that I use it.  I don't like the hassle of figuring how much to charge for shipping from USA to buyer in another country, insurance and custom fees.  

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

ebay self enroll me into the new program.  I did not had a say in the matter or a way to opt out.  At this time, I am in the process of excluding 80% - 90% of what I am selling to international buyers, I am doing each item at a time, as I can't do this in bulk.   

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@joseh1445   Sellers do not have to figure out what to charge if you put the shipping on calculated. As far as the other international fees, those are charged to the buyer once the item is in customs. I don't think you should give up selling internationally if you have made decent sales that way. Good Luck in your decision.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

They may have told you that you were enrolled in it but your current listings show the global shipping program.  If you were the new program, your listings would reflect that.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

@joseh1445   The shipping changes can be done in bulk. Once you select the listings and click edit, you select the listings again and click on 'bulk edit' top of the page left side and scroll down under 'delivery' and click on 'international shipping"

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

eBay send me a message stating that I was enroll in the new program.  As far as my listing not reflecting the new "Name of the program" its irrelevant.  

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@stuff4divas 

Unfortunately, I don't have access to "Delivery" even when I click on "Customize Columns".  

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Ok but It is relevant that your international listing have import charges which only the gsp charges. The new international shipping program currently does not precharge duty etc. 

It really doesn’t matter to me which program you’re using but I was simply trying to point out that your listings do not appear to have been switched to the new program yet you are blaming the new program for some type of glitch that likely has nothing to do with it.  But I’ve said my piece now. Good luck in whatever shipping you use. 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 4.00.18 PM.png

@joseh1445 

Message 15 of 39
latest reply