cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST Ebay GSP Item Not Received Case

Has anyone had to deal with claims originating from the Ebay Global Shipping Program. This is my first potential experience with an INR case. Person purchased the item mid October via the Global Shipping Program. Item got off okay and arrived at the GSP center in KY.  Got an email from the buyer to day complaining about how unreasonable my shipping practices were (shipped 2 days after purchase via priority mail - which was an upgrade over what they selected). I looked at the tracking and it shows the item arrived in KY shortly after it went out, the item was forwarded to a Canadian sorting facility, then it shows it back in KY, and then it shows sent out to international destination, and then nothing after that for about 30 days. 

My question is, how does the GSP affect the situation if the buyer opens a claim or leaves a negative review.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: FIRST Ebay GSP Item Not Received Case

@immortalfigures wrote:

Has anyone had to deal with claims originating from the Ebay Global Shipping Program. This is my first potential experience with an INR case. Person purchased the item mid October via the Global Shipping Program. Item got off okay and arrived at the GSP center in KY.  Got an email from the buyer to day complaining about how unreasonable my shipping practices were (shipped 2 days after purchase via priority mail - which was an upgrade over what they selected). I looked at the tracking and it shows the item arrived in KY shortly after it went out, the item was forwarded to a Canadian sorting facility, then it shows it back in KY, and then it shows sent out to international destination, and then nothing after that for about 30 days. 

My question is, how does the GSP affect the situation if the buyer opens a claim or leaves a negative review.

@immortalfigures   You are supposed to be protected from negative feedback about shipping if your item reaches the Kentucky sorting center safely, so you could have it removed.

As for the INR case... if the buyer files one be sure to contact CS to make sure that the GSP refunds the buyer and it doesn't come out of YOUR pocket.

As a matter of fact, I would ENCOURAGE the buyer to file the item not received case on ebay since the item is so late.  If they file on paypal you lose your seller protections and will have to refund the buyer yourself.

Once the claim is filed social media is the best way to contact CS.

Contact customer service by selecting a contact method from the bottom of a help page, chat or call back are available for most topics :
https://www.ebay.com/help/-/-/Contacting_eBay_Customer_Service?id=4379

Or you can also contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

They may take a few days to get back to you if you use social media.  

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It doesn't affect you at all.  As long as the package got to ebay's GSP hub at Erlanger, KY you are covered.  Ebay will take care of it. Nothing more for you to do.  

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You do not presently have an INR case open against you through the GSP, what you have is an email from the buyer.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've used GSP for international shipping since it was offered. I've had maybe three instances since I started using it,  where I had to rely on the service to back me up on an issue. 

INRs will be covered for you, when you use the GSP.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Okay, if GSP doesn`t offer coverage for lost or damaged items, how do you get to be covered?

Even with  eBay International Standard Delivery, which supposed to have coverage for the item (up to $100), and not for shipping, I am having two open cases with them and no refund for the lost by eBay packages.

I`ve never used GSP, so I am surprised to see that eBay covers the losses. Or not?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@immortalfigures - As others have already posted you will be covered by GSP. I sold an item that went to Italy. Buyer wrote me a month afterwards, all in Italian, that he never received his package. I was covered because I had the delivery stamp from KY. Buyer then left me negative FB for stolen item and I had that removed easily. You will be fine. Stop communicating with your buyer as nothing good will come from that. They will be angry but you did nothing wrong here, you actually did your part correctly. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

That is correct, IF the buyer opens an Item Not Received case your responsibility ends at the "Delivery" to the GSP center in Erlanger Kentucky, all you have to do is enter the tracking number that shows delivered.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I get a lot of items shipped to me in Canada and even I know once it hits KY the seller is off the hook from any late deliveries, loses, etc.  The stupid part, as I did have one item lost, was I had to contact the seller first when it went past the due date.  Pitney Bowes in Canada shipped it back to KY for some strange reason.    These  days it takes 3 1/2-4 weeks for things to arrive.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@worldwidetreausures wrote:

Okay, if GSP doesn`t offer coverage for lost or damaged items, how do you get to be covered?

I think you may have misunderstood.  GSP DOES cover you for lost or damaged items as long as the item get's gets to the GSP's hub in Erlanger, KY.

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your responses. No claim has been started yet. I explained the GSP situation to the buyer (who was apparently more concerned about that the fact that the item was taking a tour around the US rather than going directly to their location) and they were very understanding and laughed off the situation. Hurrah! Literally 2 hours later I got another email from a buyer in Japan about the exact same issue (why is this going to KY! I'm in Japan, this is taking a ridiculous amount of time!). Its just strange that I would be using this for years and get two complaints (unofficial, no INR case opened) in as many days.

Again, thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yes, GSP is supposed to cover you. However, my experience was that Ebay immediately took the money from my account and refused my requests until I escalated the problem on this forum.

James

Message 12 of 12
latest reply