cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever since I got an MC011 restriction which I appealed, promoted listings traffic has plummeted

Hello, on 5/22 I received an MC011 restriction. I successfully appealed the restriction completely, though ever since then, my traffic from promoted listings has dropped significantly. Since I have appealed the restriction, my promoted listing traffic has not gone back up and has stayed at less than 2% (previously from 75%-80%). If any of you guys have experience going about what is happening and how to fix this, let me know. I have contacted eBay customer service though the person on the other end said they did a refresh on my account or something. This, however, has not fixed my problem. In addition, everytime I search up my item, it never displays the sponsored tag, though Is it possible there is some flag on my account?

Thanks

ebay chat.png

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ever since I got an MC011 restriction which I appealed, promoted listings traffic has plummeted

I don't have experience with the aftereffects of the MC011 appeal, but I do want to point out that just because you "promote" a listing does not mean it will show up as "sponsored" in search. What it means is your PL item, along with thousands and thousands of others, are available for ebay to put into PL slots. Yours might be chosen one day, but tomorrow someone else's listing might be chosen. And one buyer might see yours and another buyer might see someone else's. ebay is not obligated to choose yours. (Remember, you only pay if it sells.)

Hopefully, you will bounce back pretty quickly...

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@brandonye.sneakers wrote:

I have contacted eBay customer service though the person on the other end said they did a refresh on my account or something.

There isn't such a thing, they just tell you that to make you feel better and get you off the phone quicker.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Wouldn't surprise me if eBay demoted your listings from the search results even though your appeal was successful.

"Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension."

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@brandonye.sneakers wrote:

I have contacted eBay customer service though the person on the other end said they did a refresh on my account or something.

There isn't such a thing, they just tell you that to make you feel better and get you off the phone quicker.

What it means is that the CS rep forced a re-indexing of the OP's listings. Any seller could do the same on their own by doing a bulk edit- not changing anything- then clicking submit. I don't know why they describe it as an account refresh- perhaps to give the impression that it's a magic fix-all- which we all know it's not.

OP- it's only been a day since the appeal. Your listings may still be re-indexing. You can either wait it out or you can end your promotion and start a new one. If you start a new promotion it could take a day or two to see the results pick back up. I'd wait it out another two days.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hi @brandonye.sneakers thanks for posting your issue. We looked into your account and it seems there are a few things that are leading to the drop in traffic you're seeing. Some of the service metrics on your items are being flagged as items not received by buyers, and that is impacting delivery dates which then impacts organic and non-organic visibility. It also looks like you removed some of your listings which also removed that historical data which then impacts impressions and conversions, as this "sold history" is important to buyers.

There are a few optimizations you can make that should lead to traffic gradually picking up over time. First, please make sure that you have the correct quantities detailed in your listings. Second, make sure that you're getting your sold items shipped out on time to prevent any future restrictions.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

adsteam@ebay 

Since you posted.........when I search for something, I'm seeing more and more of the same item with a lesser price shown under "sponsored" and in the general lines of items .......  I thought when Jordan came in, he said he was going to end that kind of direct competition with listings........  I searched on one of the ops items.......came up with same shoe.....clicked into the listing and see OPs item which is cheaper........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144013466024?var=443300147579&epid=10045873284&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item...

Screenshot (134).png

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Actually I am having the exact same problem which is why I found your post. My graph looks almost identical to yours. Promoted used to be 50-60 of my impressions and they have dropped to 1-2% over night on June 5th. I have called ebay almost every day and the CSRs just say they will put in a ticket. I swear I am told something different every time.

First, they said there was an automatic review of my account on June 4th and somehow that might have affected my promoted listings. I called back today and the CSR said they have a known site wide problem where everything is running as normal, just the traffic graph isn't showing correctly. Is that so, so why did my sales plummet, genius? Why was I doing 20k+ in sales 4k+ a week and now I am falling more every day. I am at 2500 in sales now with more listings then ever. And I used to get 8-14 promoted sales a day after June 5th 1 promoted sales a day. Seems like the biggest coincidence but all they can do is submit tickets while my business languishes. I have built my business around ebay and they could care less if I fail because of there system arbitrarily changing something.

I am posting more and more on other platforms and getting my own website going. eBay has some major issues and cant seem to figure out the tech side of things. Hopefully a higher up will see these problems and make a change but I don't think it will ever be fixed, like any other technical issue I have ever had. THEY JUST DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Hi @plus_size3 thanks for posting your question. We took a look at your account and do not see any promoted listing activity around June 5th as you have described. Please share if there another account you use that is experiencing the drop and we are happy to check into that for you.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

it's this account.

austin_upscale_resale 

I went from 23k a month to 15k and I cant keep this up unless something gets fixed promoted listings are at 1% or less when they were 50%

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Austin_upscale_resale

I wrote from above with a little info. Please help and fix my promoted listings and ask any question you need to. Thanks!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@austin_upscale_resale thanks for the quick reply! We are able to see the June 5th drop will share this with a teammate that can help investigate. Stay tuned for an update.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

k ill will wait. Please let me know it's really strange and has happened to another site I had back in Jan-feb time were the promoted listings dropped to 1% or less and my plus_size3 store is doing the same thing, 1% or less in promoted impressions. Like I said some CSR said there was an automatic review done on both my accounts right before the drop, selling is getting to be too difficult to stay on eBay. Please do what you can so we can compete with everyone else. Thanks

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Personally if you are sure the PL is not working for you, I'd just remove it.

Why pay eBay for something that isn't helping sales?

PL, of course, is only charged for when the item does sell, but you can put it back again when sales are picking up.

If you are not ready to do that, reduce your percentage to one percent of the selling price, instead.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Hello again @austin_upscale_resale. There are a number of factors that can impact Promoted Listing visibility. While maintaining your account in good standing (Above Standard or Top Rated) is one key factor, other common reasons for impression declines include having a history of open claims, past due payments, or having little to no selling history. You can learn more about Promoted Listings eligibility and other FAQs here: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a1__1

Message 15 of 21
latest reply