cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications not generating for Sold Items

Started on January 1st, email notifications are not being received or generated from eBay when an item has sold.  Still receiving the PayPal notice but eBay has stopped working for Sold items.  Sadly, all the crazy marketing email notifications are still cranking out.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Email Notifications not generating for Sold Items

Have you checked your spam folder?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Same here nothing for sales as of yesterday.
I did receive my Paypal email & an ebay You've been paid email but not item sold emails.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Not in Spam but help desk says they were not generating for unknown reason.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Exactly the same for me. Not in spam, have been getting generic and postage emails from ebay, and the paypal mails too, but zero sold mails from ebay since the beginning of 01/01/2020.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I am getting notices from Paypal that I have been paid, but I am NOT getting notices from Ebay that the item was sold.

This issue started for me yesterday.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Same here.  No sells notifications from ebay beginning January 1, 2020.  Our email is set to not filter any incoming mail, so that's definitely not the problem. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

This has been a recurrent problem for years.  It will be corrected at some point.  Just business as usual at Ebay.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Since December 24 I haven't been receiving any e-mails from eBay including- sale confirmations, payment confirmations, purchase confirmations, offer confirmations, buyer questions, managed payment payout confirmations, return cases opened or closed, messages from customer service, surveys, sourcing e-mails, items shipped, etc. Nothing at all- started about late morning on Christmas Eve.

I'm receiving e-mails for other eBay accounts just fine, but not my primary selling account.

@Anonymous- I don't know if what's posted in this thread is the same issue to add to the help ticket CS created for me or not-  it appears the 6 or so threads created this morning are only relating to sold notifications and not other e-mails from eBay so it might be a different issue?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I'm having the same issue and no notification ever received from ebay of a policy change.  I thought I'd wait an extra day, since yesterday was a holiday, before I phone them to see what's happening.

It makes me wonder how the buyers will react when/if ebay doesn't notify them that orders have been shipped because the seller didn't get a notice of a sale.

I'm currently sitting on 3 orders until at least next Monday, unless notified by ebay about what's going on.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@topfei7 wrote:

I'm currently sitting on 3 orders until at least next Monday, unless notified by ebay about what's going on.

Don't wait just for an email. You have the money in your paypal, as confirmed by their mail and when you check your PP account. You ALSO have the orders sitting in your "sold items" in eBay with clear indication that they are paid for. You have no need to hold off shipment just because of a mailing glitch. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Looks like I am not getting any sold item emails since the first either.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Add me to the list, not getting the notification email either. Just the email from Paypal. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Me too.   Has anybody called customer service??? 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I'm receiving mine. I'm in Managed Payments, so I never get a message from PayPal, though. Is that your situation?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply