cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay waving store fees while store on vacation due to Virus

Is there any possibility that until the Virus situation is resolved that Ebay would wave store fees for any seller putting their store on vacation?

With the postal situation, airline situation, and all the other shut downs, it would be a benefit to all sellers that do not want to sell under these conditions.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

are you dreaming?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:

are you dreaming?

I wish I was. It will only get worse in North America.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @papermoneyforme - there are no current announcements regarding this, and there are no plans that I'm aware of to introduce something like it. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

No they won't but it would be nice if they lowered the fees by half during the crisis! It won't happen but it sure would help and they could totally do it if they were not so greedy!!!
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Waving the store fees probably isn't possible, but is eBay willing to temporarily remove the store downgrade/cancellation fees?  Or maybe switch everyone to a month to month plan at the yearly rate?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@sailgator wrote:
No they won't but it would be nice if they lowered the fees by half during the crisis! It won't happen but it sure would help and they could totally do it if they were not so greedy!!!

There is no reason for them to lower the store fees.  I still think more free listings would be an amazing goodwill gesture at next to no cost to eBay.  Assuming their servers can handle it?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

and they just offered store sellers 50k promo through April 30

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Nice 🙂 I haven't gotten that yet. Granted I have also taken quite the break from listing stuff...
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

EBay customer service doesn't exist now.Tracking doesn't show up for days.Customers are being to file claims for orders not delivered.This is even after they have been shipped.EBay does nothing about this.They only message you to contact customer to WORK IT OUT.How about EBay messaging ALL BUYERS to tell them to expect delays.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

With the postal situation, airline situation, and all the other shut downs, it would be a benefit to all sellers that do not want to sell under these conditions.

What is the "postal situation"? 

And what is the "airline situation" and how does it affect eBay sellers?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

First off, one really needs to consider, not what they are asking, but who they are asking.

One is not asking the consumer-centric company to have some compassion during a time of 'difficulty'. One is asking the directors of the board of said company/corporation - who's specialty, in this case, is running a for-profit company, that has shareholders that wish to increase their investment and to appease and assure the investment gurus of Wall street that they are knowledgeable and capable of handling the investments of others while 'earning' their own, ah, 'wages' and keeping their position secure - to give away profits and revenue to the detriment of all that they hold true (profit/money). It is almost like asking a doctor to put his/her 'Hippocratic Oath' on hold.

Handouts don't fit in.

(personal opinion - your mileage may vary)

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 13
latest reply