cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay prohibiting me from reporting a seller's listings

I recently messaged a certain "power seller" to inform them that practically all of their listings were fraudulent as the seeds they were advertising are not produced by seed but rather by the plant being dipped into dye. I even offered to provide the links to them so they could see for themselves, to which they replied they didn't need them and was "thankful" for someone pointing them out as they would be removed immediately as they aren't out to rip anyone off.

I waited a week, go back and look and while he did remove a couple, he just relisted them in a group listing. He is a US seller aiming to defraud people of their money by advertising something that cannot be grown. So I just went to the report link and started reporting his listings. It allowed me to report the first 3 however refused to allow me to submit any further reports on the basis of I was entering the wrong code/validation number it provided. I even selected the option to "hear the code" and it of course wouldn't play it.

Why does Ebay allow this? This particular seller is based in the US and has ripped countless people off as some listings state 300-500+ sold! It really infuriates me. Which is why I gave the seller the benefit of doubt and messaged them prior to reporting them. Why even have the report link if you cannot adequately report people like this? Not that I was expecting Ebay to actually punish someone deliberately ripping customers off but more so hoping that the seller would be notified that they are being reported and to put them on notice.

I'm sure Ebay is riddled with fradulent listings but some are so ridiculous one would think even Ebay would not allow it to be sold and to punish those who chose to try, but apparently the fee's gained by these listings mean more than having honest, reputable sellers.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ebay will barely listen if you have actually been ripped off by that seller.

But otherwise you will be considered a disgruntled competitor.

Aware buyers will simply hit the back button.

Those that taken in thankfully have buyers protection.

Now if all of them file SNAD and complain to ebay that is when they will take notice and maybe do something.

Or you can call the manufacturer of this product and give them the link.  Tell them to become vero.  And then if they report, it will go poof really fas.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Just curious...did the seller have a lot of negative feedbacks?

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

eBay does not take the word of someone else over the sellers word when it comes to the listing. That’s why they rarely act upon these reports. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Quite actually not as many as should be expected. So I would almost bet Ebay has stepped in and removed some.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It's not so much as Ebay taking my word over theirs as being prohibited from even submitting the report. There are about 50 listings, all fraudulent, advertising wild colors of plants being grown from seed. I was able to report 3 of them and then when I went to do the 4th it popped an error message that I was entering the code in wrong. I was not entering it wrong and even tried selecting the option to listen to the code and it would not permit that either.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Sorry you can't assist them - yes, many people that see the roses in blue and the lip kiss plants - all have the hopes that the seeds they receive will produce the picture - if they even grow - but in reality Ebay does not care - you can report many listings - even ones that had listing that you had removed by ebay and the next day, week, and month - the listings are still there.  That is why people get very frustrated - if their own listings were reported and that listing(s) were removed - why not the ones you report with the "SAME" items you listed (of course they are from China - and China is "SPECIAL" - ebay dare not touch the "special" people - time to move on)  That is why it is buyer beware - if people learn a simple lesson that the plants they want are fake - perhaps maybe they will not come back on ebay to buy any anymore.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The way ebay has set it up now, it appears that anyone can leave a product review (at the bottom of a listing).

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@plantaddict wrote:
Quite actually not as many as should be expected. So I would almost bet Ebay has stepped in and removed some.

If buyers don`t complain ebay has no basis to take any action. You stated 300-500 sold on some listings. Example: if only one or 2 complained out of 500 that is 498 satisfied customers in ebays eyes.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

You did your part but the actual buyers of the product are really the ones that need to complain if dissatisfied.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@plantaddict wrote:

Either that or buyers are simply not feeling as ripped off as you think they should be.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Have a glass of wine and get on with your life.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay only cares if they rip a % of people off that responded with feedback, see chinese jewelry sellers.... 100s of neg feedback for FAKE, 1000s of positive from ignorant buyers... as long as you have enough happy idiots you can disappoint 100s... THATS EBAY! they dont' do well in honesty...
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Wouldn't common sense tell you that some of these plants are obviously not natural and are assisted by humans.

It is like a woman with a very strange hair color,  You just know it is dye.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply