cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is sending low ball offers on my behalf! 2 items sold for 1-2 dollars!

Everyone have an option to send an offers.   I have an Anthropologie curtains that I listed for 160 dollars.   I sent a buyer an offer for 130.   Buyer received on their end 1 dollar offer, that I have to refund and relist again.   Today is again.   Marc Jacobs t-shirt for 35 dollars, I sent an offer for 25 dollars,  Ebay sold for 2 dollars!   **bleep**!   I am loosing watchers as well.    Even Goodwill selling for more.   Why would I sell 160 dollars curtains for 1 dollar?   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Quit sending offers or using best offer option simply set the price on your listing at the lowest $ you are willing to accept. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I would lose the best offer option.  They can cause issues like these.  

Also, make sure when you are listing that you check the "more options" link that's below the price you set.  If you don't opt out of it, ebay will set the price and lower it until it sells.  It happened to me as well as many others here on these boards who experienced the same.  Unsure if it's a glitch or what. 

Happy Sales in the future! 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@sharkmila 

Update:  Sorry, I guess easy pricing was disabled, so its not the case.  My guess it's a similar feature that will lower the prices. Buy it now, immediate payment required checked off.  Best route to go...for me anyway.

Again, happy selling

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes,  I will call eBay first.   This is not right.  Who in the right mind would sell 160 bucks item for 1 dollar?   Yes, I will stop sending an offers.  But , my question , what else eBay sold behind my back for 1 dollar?  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@sharkmila 

It is just another ebay glitch- no need to stop sending offers- its a great way to get an additional sale.   This has happened to me know 4x in the last couple months. It looks like what is happening is that ebay is only recognizing the first digit of your offer.  completely ridiculous that this self proclaimed "tech' company cannot manage the most simple and basic computing tasks.

Best offers is a great option and I sell allot that way.  Do not be discouraged, just message the buyer and blame ebay-its their fault anyway.    Annoying but the sales you may get from best offer are worth the hassle usually.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I know its a glitch, but I am losing potential buyers.   On one item was like 20 watchers , now I relisted and I have to start over again, because all these potential buyers moved on to the other items, thinking this item was sold.   I will stop sending an offers for now.   So, effing annoying.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@sharkmila wrote:

But , my question , what else eBay sold behind my back for 1 dollar?  

I would never need to wonder about that, since that amount appears on both my "waiting Payment" and my "Awaiting Shipment" screens. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This is a glitch that Ebay is aware of.  Ebay changes the offer amount on some offers. $14 to $1.  $25 to $2.  It is an error. Always, look at the right side of the offer you are sending to see the number in green. That is the number Ebay is picking up. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I realize this is just a band-aid for the issue and not a cure...

if you don't want to lose the watchers, utilize the "out of stock" option, and the listing will remain with the same item number and you simply repopulate the inventory from "0" to "1" if there was an error

I think that would work for you. The only down side is additional step to delete an actual sold item if you are not going to restock it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

See here for how to spot the problem before actually sending the offer:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sending-Offers-Bug-I-ve-Figured-It-Out/m-p/33105945/highlight/...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply