cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay fees

Is it me or is Ebay taking way too much in fees? I've been with Ebay on and off for about 12years and it seems like they are taking way too much in fees. On top of that it seems as if they are taking control of my sale. I feel like I used to have more control over what I sell. It's like once someone purchases your item ebay swoops in and handles the sale and you get whatever they figure is yours. They charge shipping and tax not you. After collecting the money they deduct their percent - 12.66% - from your sale price plus deduct tax and shipping even though they've collected the tax and shipping from the customer. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Ebay fees

@dephil1464 wrote:

My selling fee is 12.9%. Is it possible to reduce this cost? Thanks

Yes.  As you grow on Ebay you can strive to qualify for the Top Rated Seller program.  Once you qualify for that there are a couple of requirements you can choose to adhere to that would enable you to get a 10% discount on your FVFs.

Also as you grow, if you have a Basic store or above there is a reduced FVF rate for Store owners.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful time building your business.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 76 of 80
latest reply

Ebay fees

That's exactly what fees are for the majority of eBay sellers.  The only way I can think of is to have a store, but, for a store to be viable, you need to be able to have a minimum number of items listed at all times.

(And the OP here was last October, I just realized.) 

Message 77 of 80
latest reply

Ebay fees

It is a disgrace I just sold an item for 5.00 and after ALL the fees I ONLY make $3.00 are you kidding me! These fees are a joke and after 20 years I'm done here. Shame on Ebay for taking almost all our money!

Message 78 of 80
latest reply

Ebay fees

The fees are fully explained in several places.

You sold an item for $5 plus $5 shipping plus possibly state sales tax.

It has been generally agreed here that listing low dollar items on eBay is pretty much a losing game.  

Message 79 of 80
latest reply

Ebay fees

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 80 of 80
latest reply